Apr 12, 2006
Farmhouse, Somewhere
491202023_bf74252265.jpg

c&c widely appreciated. :sweat:

Underexpose or was it intentional?

Any more pic ?

the right hand looks 'scary'..esp. those fingers :think:

Hi Liew, I like the composition.

However, the blue tint does not work for her skin tone. I know it's a PITA to do it in post processing, but having her skin tones contrast with the blue tint would be a very nice touch. Perhaps warming filters / orange filters might have helped? Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

Had to post in this one esp after seeing the thread title....;) Gunbucker would understand why ;p

I like the composition and mood but the fingers can be "less scary" if they were closed more naturally.

Tot of using a reflector?

jeff49er said:
Underexpose or was it intentional?

Any more pic ?
the exposure is intentional. it looks about 1 stop under in my office computer but looks fine with my calibrated monitor. if i do more adjustment, the white dress will be blown badly.

AhV said:
the right hand looks 'scary'..esp. those fingers
will take note of that next time. but why is it scary?

Gunbucker said:
Hi Liew, I like the composition.

However, the blue tint does not work for her skin tone. I know it's a PITA to do it in post processing, but having her skin tones contrast with the blue tint would be a very nice touch. Perhaps warming filters / orange filters might have helped? Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!
Hi Gunbucker!

thank you. i know the blue tint doesn't go well with skin tone, but i'm sort of experimenting with colours (i normally shoot b/w) and i think the blue tone helps with giving her a colder overall look. if the skin tone is natural but the bg is cold, would it look unnatural? like there is a seperation between the subject and the bg.

anyway, i have limited knowledge on photoshop, if you could help me out, i'd appreciate it.

This is Mr yip. Nice shot, Liew
thank you very much.

jiven said:
Had to post in this one esp after seeing the thread title.... Gunbucker would understand why

I like the composition and mood but the fingers can be "less scary" if they were closed more naturally.
why you have to post something?
i'll keep the finger thing in mind. ;)

jiven said:
Tot of using a reflector?
i would use a reflector if i had one at that time, but this is not a planned shot. it was something i took at a parking lot with the model while walking to do a location shoot. but i sort of like the darkish look to it. well, that's my own preference. :sweatsm:

Blue cast. Intentional?
yes, intentionally done with white balance settings. i am just as concerned about the natural skin tone, but at times, i feel that colours can be used to convey the mood of the photo better. if you disagree with me, i'll see whether i can still find the original copy of the photo and make it into a more accurate skin tone.

pingo said:
I think it looks good. I have no issues with the blue tint, yay for ambient lighting.
thank you very much. it's my first time playing with ambient light.

491202023_bf74252265.jpg

c&c widely appreciated. :sweat:

My take on your shot is kinda different from the rest... I pretty like the overall look of this... tint, fingers, exposure, don't bother me that much here... Works quite alright...

Only thing I can't quite put my finger on is the composition... Could be the tightness of the crop... I just feel that the left side of her body (the part not in the frame) could be shown more... Right now, the proportion doesn't seem quite right as far as I'm concerned...

This is my personal preference really... I'm sure there'll be others who'll disagree with me... Anyway, like I said earlier, I like this as it is... thanks for sharing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.