KangRinpoche Professional Ballhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
Been to Cathay Photo today and notice that they have another type of Professional ballhead : KangRinpoche NB-3 Professional Ballhead.
Made in China, but very very good handling and extremely good quality.
An competitive match to Markins and AUB.

Website as below.
http://www.kangrinpoche.com/main.asp

http://www.kangrinpoche.com/bookpic/200481823445870090.jpg

http://www.kangrinpoche.com/bookpic/200481823455070921.jpg

http://www.kangrinpoche.com/bookpic/2004822128592772.jpg

<<Image Links edited by Administrator. Please do not direct-link images from the owners site to posts here. Post the URL instead.>>

I only knew that in Tibetian the word "Rinpoche" means "precious wish-fulfilling gem"! ;)

OMG! china does it again!

Anyone owns this ballhead before?

I have today hands on between KangRinpoche NB-3 Professional Ballhead and Markins M-10. All I can say is both are equally good.
KangRinpoche NB-3 Professional Ballhead is heavier than Markins (220 grams) more and slightly bigger in size.
But it have a slightly better grip (due to longer plate at quick shoe), more weight load capacity (6 kgs more) and a slight better friction control at ballhead movements.
And better design to prevent dust/sand from getting into the ballhead (the edge between the ball body and the main body)

waah looks like they r realli emerging everywhere....

how much how much??

It's a clear cross between AUB and M10.

King Tiger said:

I have today hands on between KangRinpoche NB-3 Professional Ballhead and Markins M-10. All I can say is both are equally good.
KangRinpoche NB-3 Professional Ballhead is heavier than Markins (220 grams) more and slightly bigger in size.
But it have a slightly better grip (due to longer plate at quick shoe), more weight load capacity (6 kgs more) and a slight better friction control at ballhead movements.
And better design to prevent dust/sand from getting into the ballhead (the edge between the ball body and the main body)

i guess most of us will not be using the ballhead for Large Format cameras, are we?

i'm comfortable with max load of maybe 10kg.
jus buy what we need! and that is a light ballhead with an equally light price tag... hehe ;)

happy searching KT!

U don't need the extra 6kg+ load capacity, u'll probably need the weight savings or the Markins or the Acratech. :)

Friction control? Both Markins and Acratech are also good in their own right. So I say go for the lighter one. (M or A)

King Tiger said:

AJ23 said:
U don't need the extra 6kg+ load capacity, u'll probably need the weight savings or the Markins or the Acratech. :)

Friction control? Both Markins and Acratech are also good in their own right. So I say go for the lighter one. (M or A)
Acratech Ultimate Ball no friction control... thoou fine with me...

OT a bit.. :D the name of the ballhead sounds like Everest's sherpa's name

Looks really good but too heavy for me. If price is right than it may be a good buy. Seriously take the spec with a pinch of salt. KT what innovation does it use to prevent dust from getting into the ballhead ?.

Go for the lighter ballheads (i.e. Markins or Acratech). At the end of the day, you will find that that 220 grams does make a difference to your overall weight load. You have to achieve a balance between tripod + ballhead weight and overall stability of your setup, not too heavy + stable = good. :) A good CF tripod and either the Markins or Acratech would give you that.

KT just realised we were all wrong about the weight. NB3 only weight 350g and max load of 15kg ?? not the one you mentioned. That was for the NB1.
I am interested !!.

Status
Not open for further replies.