K7 question

No stock as of today. looks like coming in on Friday only . . .

I was waiting for it for long time already, but don't want to reserve as I can only come when I am available (which is very seldom). :(

I used the K7 for a comparison test before I bought my K-x. I love the camera but unfortunately my main priority was obtaining clean high ISO JPEGs straight out of the camera when shooting my kid indoors in dim conditions without flash... which is something only the K-x provides at the moment across the Pentax brand of (DSLRs with APS-C sensors.

That said, the K7 is a different beast altogether. It simply beats the pants off the K-x in many ways. I am anxiously waiting for the next upgrade to the K7... one with a more capable sensor for high ISO JPEGs straight out of the camera.

If you are already used to the DSLR experience, I'd strongly suggest the K7 unless you absolutely need the impressively clean high ISO JPEG engine in the K-x. The K-x's limitations can occasionally really frustrate you. It has two big gripes in my personal opinion... 1) Poor AWB (Auto White Balance) indoors under fluorescent lighting and 2) A crappy LCD resolution.

Else it is a camera which is absolutely worth its current asking price. So is the K7 at its current promotion pricing... an absolute bargain!

Here is a very high ISO JPEG (the highest capable - ISO 12800) from my K-x clicked a few days ago at night from my window. This is straight out of the camera and no post-processing surgery was done to this pic whatsoever other than a resize for web display and a mild dose of sharpening. I'll admit the K7 comes close after some effort in PP, but not this good straight out of the camera!

4456250117_4b86ce3943_o.png

sircam, nicely done.

Care to share EXIF info of this shot? and what lens did you use?

Shutter Speed - 1 second
Aperture - 5.6
ISO - 12800
Exposure Bias - 0.00
Focal Length - 100.00 mm

There is visible noise in the shadowy parts of the image above, but the very act of resizing down for web display made it unnoticeable. If you look closely you can still see some of the nicely grained noise.

i was a ep-2 user b4 i convert to pentax. it has been months already and i have no regrets choosing the k-7. It has nv let me down in any situation i came across.. go for it bro..

i was a ep-2 user b4 i convert to pentax. it has been months already and i have no regrets choosing the k-7. It has nv let me down in any situation i came across.. go for it bro..

I bought mine today. Battery still charging after 3 hours, nothing I can do except reading manual .. torturing :lovegrin:

Leave it overnight and tomorrow you can start firing . . . ;p

Make sense. I was told for first charge, it may be better to let it charged overnight .. generally good for the battery itself. I shall be patient then.

Parissilk now sells Pentax stuff??:bigeyes: ... btw any can advie which fast lens to get ? A few lens im considering , FA50mm 1.4,DA*55mm1.4,43mm1.9 limited or even the 31mm 1.8 ?

Parissilk now sells Pentax stuff??:bigeyes: ... btw any can advie which fast lens to get ? A few lens im considering , FA50mm 1.4,DA*55mm1.4,43mm1.9 limited or even the 31mm 1.8 ?
31 f1.8 lor.

depends to your preference. :)
FA 50 1.4 is the cheapest.
DA* 55 1.4 is sharper than 50 1.4 weather sealed too. but much much expensive than 50 1.4
FA 43 1.9 is very nice lens. much more it is also ported for leica use.
FA 31 f1.8 is most versatile of them all (at least for me :) ) but much much much expensive than 50 1.4

Parissilk now sells Pentax stuff??:bigeyes:

Hmm.. a few weeks ago I was in Parissilk HV looking around, saw a brand new in-box K10D :eek:
Didn't ask if they had anything more... recent though :bsmilie:

They don't stock all the items, you need to call them, ask for price, place deposit and they normally could get the stock in the next day.

I find it ok to deal with Parisilk or SLR R. Either shops are friendly and give reasonable price.

best image quality would be the 31 mm 1.8 ? followed by 43mm 1.9 and 55mm 1.4 although its the sharpest ? i tried the 55mm 1.4 and 43mm 1.9 and but the DA* SDM feels so shiok :bsmilie:

best image quality would be the 31 mm 1.8 ? followed by 43mm 1.9 and 55mm 1.4 although its the sharpest ? i tried the 55mm 1.4 and 43mm 1.9 and but the DA* SDM feels so shiok :bsmilie:
DA55 has SDM. SDM will spoil one day... It's more like a great piece of modern electronics. Get the Limiteds if you want them to last.