Just to share here what I found at Sitex

Gentlemen (& Ladies, if any here),

I have a view, which is, if i pre-ordered something, then it should be given priority. If you disagree, thats fine, and like i said before, i will also respect your views but this is a forum and this where we air our views, agreeable or not.

If indeed Bally had pre-ordered before me (which is speculation) then fine, i will accept that they had priority. But i did not know this and you will note Patrick had put himself out as an Emjay Sales representative (not Bally). If indeed this is the case, then Patrick could have easily nipped the whole situation in the bud to say Bally pre-ordered before me. Fine, i will accept that. That, however, was not his explanation. His explanation was tantamount to saying that my pre-order was of a lower priority to making available stock for sitex.

Whether you push & shove your way through a crowd to get the 18-135, well, surely that merits some effort but i somehow do not think it means the rest of us who pre-ordered would have made less efforts to get it. On the contrary, now that i have pre-ordered and put $150 down with Emjay, i am PRECLUDED from going down to sitex to get it because then, if i do so, i would still have to pay $7xx... and then what happens to my $150? (correct me if i am wrong but i cannot see why Bally staff will want to honour an Emjay preorder on a busy sitex day).

In any case, i have received a quick response via PM from Ronald and i appreciate that from Emjay. I am waiting to hear from him on this.

FYI, Ronald had just called me back, apologised and explained everything. To summarise:-

1. Yes, Sitex booth is Bally's shindig and they did pre-order the 18-135mm. As dealers, i absolutely understand why they would have that priority over individual customers. As far as i am concerned, issue cleared;
2. Expected delivery dates given to me;
3. All other queries answered incl my problems with registering the k-x kit online.

Ronald is a stand-up guy.

glad that you sorted out the issue with them directly.

please excuse my lack of enthusiasm but i just don't see why the 18-135 is so compelling :what:

Okay, it's good to know you got some positive answers from Emjay, as we expected ;)

Let's stop talking about the preorder thing here as per OT, just share some nice deals you got at the SITEX :D

I myself got one pack of these:

sanyo_eneloop_color_2.jpg

They look really cool.

glad that you sorted out the issue with them directly.

please excuse my lack of enthusiasm but i just don't see why the 18-135 is so compelling :what:

i just need that focal range and the peace-of-mind of a WR as i am headed into a dusty environment.

Okay, it's good to know you got some positive answers from Emjay, as we expected ;)

Let's stop talking about the preorder thing here as per OT, just share some nice deals you got at the SITEX :D

They look really cool.

i apologise for being OT and i did consider this prior to my first posting. perhaps it was selfish of me but i thought there would be no other way to get a response on the status of the pre-ordered 18-135. Sorry, no more mention of it here.

Hi GSiGuy
Hope you can get your lens soon.
I would say the Pentax lens are worthy for a "short wait".
I guess for the introduction of any new ideas(like this new pre order thing), there are typically some
teething problems and we need to give ourselves (Emjay + customers) some time to work it out.
Cheers

Hi GSiGuy
Hope you can get your lens soon.
I would say the Pentax lens are worthy for a "short wait".
I guess for the introduction of any new ideas(like this new pre order thing), there are typically some
teething problems and we need to give ourselves (Emjay + customers) some time to work it out.
Cheers

Yes, i agree. I don't think it was even any unfairness by Emjay now. It was just miscommunication or a misunderstanding on my part of Patrick's response.

They look really cool.
these batteries have the same rating like the white ones?
i think having colored batteries is good and cool way to organize sets of batteries. :D

i think having colored batteries is good and cool way to organize sets of batteries. :D

thats the excuse i wanted to use to justify buying another set also :bsmilie:

but i was reminded that i can use permanent markers to number them :cry: or just put them in different battery cases.

approval fail... cannot buy...

They look really cool.

Lovely! Where did you get them? How much?

Glad that the issue is solve .

See you in next outing :)

thats the excuse i wanted to use to justify buying another set also :bsmilie:

but i was reminded that i can use permanent markers to number them :cry: or just put them in different battery cases.

approval fail... cannot buy...

but how abt buy first..then when wife discover..tell them the white color fade and now become diff color :bsmilie:

These color batteries are rated for 1500 charge/discharge cycles while the normal white ones only rated for 1000 cycles :) But I'm sure Sanyo will put the new 1500 cycles capability in the newer white batteries too.

but how abt buy first..then when wife discover..tell them the white color fade and now become diff color :bsmilie:

bottom line is i dun need lah ;p i still got a whole pile of energizer lithiums left from my K-X days and i have 4 x eneloops also.

i only use AAs for my flash nowadays so i'll rather save the justification for something else... like another lens :bsmilie:

is the offer at sitex still available? k-x at 599

1500 cycle. Can withstand abit more colder temperature than the previous model and can retain power much longer. As what I know. cheers.