Just some Macro shots from AH...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Garion,

Do you have any experience attaching a extension tube to 80-200mm lens for such close-ups? I don't want to spend extra money buying a 180mm macro lens... :embrass:

If it yields good results, then what length of tube should I buy?

Garion, great shots man. Looks like you're really getting to know the 180mm better. Technicaly good and nice compositions.

:thumbsup: Good but the 1st shoot is the best

Thanks BobCheong, mr_jason and Woodman for the kind comments.

mr_jason said:
Garion, great shots man. Looks like you're really getting to know the 180mm better. Technicaly good and nice compositions.
Thanks dude, it was one of my first butt shoots w/ the 180mm, need to practice more though. Love the increased working distance. Thanks also for the invaluable tip regarding exposure for this lens. Its really a great help. ;)

Neo said:
Hi Garion,

Do you have any experience attaching a extension tube to 80-200mm lens for such close-ups? I don't want to spend extra money buying a 180mm macro lens... :embrass:

If it yields good results, then what length of tube should I buy?
I did try an 25mm extension tube on a 70-200mm before, it helps minimize your working distance to the subject and will blur out the background i.e. minimize distracting background elements. The amount of magnification achieved is dependent on the equation: extension tube length/focal length. Stacking more ext. tubes together would mean greater magnification but will also result in light loss. The Kenko Teleplus 25mm ext. tube costs abt $80+. Ext. tubes also come as a set of three, though I forgot the lenghts, the set costs abt $200 odd. You could also consider using a closeup filter like the Canon 500D which screws onto the thread filter on your lens, it enables your lens to focus closer and magnifies the subject, that one costs about $300+ odd apiece.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.