Just pick up another $$$ hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Meteor Unit, it is alot bigger than i had imagined.

Meteor-Unit.jpg

The last time i did model kit (Yamato) was about 30years ago, in primary school.

Finally decided to buy Meteor + Freedom few weeks back. But has been busy shooting + work. It took me 4.5hrs to assemble this guy. Too tired to continue with the Freedom.

Dont know why they only have Meteor + Freedom, not Meteor + Justice. Only way to get the pair is to buy another set of Meteor + Freedom and a Justice. Than sell away the Freedom?

Getting a GN Arms in TransArm mode next week.

Dam, another $$$ hobby:angry::angry:.

Last edited:
Dont know why they only have Meteor + Freedom, not Meteor + Justice. Only way to get the pair is to buy another set of Meteor + Freedom and a Justice. Than sell away the Freedom?

Getting a GN Arms in TransArm mode next week.

POWER!!!!

Do they jsut sell those FIXed one?

hahahaha i know it sound not shiok if it not done by own.

Hahha welcome to the club, I just picked up scale modelling too very recently :)

You're still in your infancy, while I'm a baby :p After construction still got things like priming, painting etc! Lots more tools and stuffs to buy!

#$$$$$$#

Dennis, must be influenced by Peter Pan. :bsmilie:

I had stopped building amored core. The shop which I get the items had stopped selling and items are getting more expensive. :(

Is it just me or does that look like a really feminine fighter with muave PEEENKKK trims? :sweatsm: :lovegrin:

Hahha welcome to the club, I just picked up scale modelling too very recently :)

You're still in your infancy, while I'm a baby :p After construction still got things like priming, painting etc! Lots more tools and stuffs to buy!

#$$$$$$#

hmm..y paint only after construction?:think:

i usually paint the individual parts before assembly..wasted so much money on the paints..so many different colors..always tempted to get airbrush equipment..

Actually in the anime, it's more towards purple... =)

I've been collecting Gundams for quite a while, but mainly the 1/144 pre-painted ones...

Dennis... so when you going to step into cosplay?

OOU! Dennis in a sort sort skirt weef super HIGH slits!!!!!

:bigeyes: :sweat: :sweatsm: :devil: :heart:

If you are constructing BANDAI kits, you can paint part by part if you want to, because the subassemblies can snap fit together.

However, if you are doing military models (tanks, ships, planes), the usual process I understand it to be construction first, then painting and weathering later.

But I'm still new at this, so maybe I can be wrong :)

That said, you should get your AB as soon as possible -it helps a lot. I'm going to Taipei to get a couple of airbrushes and a compressor this June, at around 40% off the local prices here in SG (SG shops always sell quite overpriced hahah).

hmm..y paint only after construction?:think:

i usually paint the individual parts before assembly..wasted so much money on the paints..so many different colors..always tempted to get airbrush equipment..

If you are constructing BANDAI kits, you can paint part by part if you want to, because the subassemblies can snap fit together.

However, if you are doing military models (tanks, ships, planes), the usual process I understand it to be construction first, then painting and weathering later.

But I'm still new at this, so maybe I can be wrong :)

That said, you should get your AB as soon as possible -it helps a lot. I'm going to Taipei to get a couple of airbrushes and a compressor this June, at around 40% off the local prices here in SG (SG shops always sell quite overpriced hahah).

depends, i find painting part by part is if the items are like gundam with more details on the exterior like grooves and such. each part may have multiple colors.

for those smooth bodies, you'll have to fix then prime/putty it, sand, then color to remove the join lines.

Which is why I say only Bandai kits (which is what most gundams are from) can support part by part painting.

If you try part by part on military model kits like Tamiya, Revell, Academy, AFV Club, Italeri etc, there are high risks of glue marks remaining if you paint first then attach later.

depends, i find painting part by part is if the items are like gundam with more details on the exterior like grooves and such. each part may have multiple colors.

for those smooth bodies, you'll have to fix then prime/putty it, sand, then color to remove the join lines.

Which is why I say only Bandai kits (which is what most gundams are from) can support part by part painting.

If you try part by part on military model kits like Tamiya, Revell, Academy, AFV Club, Italeri etc, there are high risks of glue marks remaining if you paint first then attach later.

I see..
But I enjoy painting part by part..then do the assembly..

Still cheaper than photography :)
Only the models cost more. Once you have established the paints and brushes, they stay relatively stable.

Mine's 28mm wargame miniatures.

IMGP2404-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.