Just a thought, video equipped cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Most models are usually advertised as being weather resistance and so on but i wonder just how well protected are these cameras audio inputs. Even if the holes are very small to allow audio in, fine sand...dust...water might find their way in. whats the chances where what happened to the Death Star, all it takes is a droplet of water to go into the audio hole and then the circuit board within.

does warranty cover?

You answered your own question; you said "weather resistance" [sic] and it's not the same as waterproof. There are many other small holes to worry about...and one big one - the lens mount, if you're talking about a DSLR.
Whether warranty will cover or not, why not give the related service centre a call? BTW, did you drop the camera into the sink or what?

Most models are usually advertised as being weather resistance and so on but i wonder just how well protected are these cameras audio inputs. Even if the holes are very small to allow audio in, fine sand...dust...water might find their way in. whats the chances where what happened to the Death Star, all it takes is a droplet of water to go into the audio hole and then the circuit board within.

does warranty cover?

Which of these models are you referring to? FWIW, on the Canon side, only the 1-series cameras are weather resistant, and they have no video function.

Which of these models are you referring to? FWIW, on the Canon side, only the 1-series cameras are weather resistant, and they have no video function.

pentax k-7

--------------------------------

to TS, why don't u help us drop pentax japan an email rgding the sealing of the audio input? just say tt u wana get it for video in harsh weather, need to confirm how good the sealing is.

anw, why do u ask? thinking of upgrading?

Last edited:
dont really care much about the K7 as have yet to tap out what the K20D can do.

I mean, how many people clean their dslr like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnw_H7f4wIA (any input from video/audio-capable dslr users?)

Only a matter of time more weather-resistance video capable dslr enter the market. i wonder if the engineers had thought about it.

as for the lens mount, i can get quite a pretty good seal...is there any website where any reviewer has tested if the various consumer and prosumer dslrs can survive being submerged without any underwater kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.