just a test - sammi

Status
Not open for further replies.

igpenguin

Jan 30, 2002
www.flickr.com
Sammi Cheng, her previous concert in Singapore.

sammi.jpg

wah..the pic quite clear..
what settings u use? me also going to try take pics on her coming concert.....share some tips?

Hi,

This was on assignment. Somehow the writer and the record company neglected to get a press pass for me. So I shot from the audience seats reserved for media, which was pretty close to the stage (ie the over-expensive seats).

The other press photogs were all in the "pit", which while closer to the stage, is quite a bit lower than the position I was in. The stage was 360 degrees too, so while the other photogs were walking round and round following Sammi everywhere, I had a more relaxing time - I can't move about in my seat anyway. And still had enough opportunities to shoot when the angle is right.

Spot-metering on face, ISO1600, 80-200 lens (multiply 1.5times on digital format) f2.8, prolly around 1/80 or 1/125s. The spot-light will overwhelm your view through the viewfinder. Flare courtesy of the lack of a lens hood.

I am looking to shoot more concerts and arts stuff. So if you need a photog, please do email me and I am more than happy to show you my portfolio.

Thanks!

I really like this shot.

Guess I don't need to say why as it's quite obvious.

I especially like the way she is back lighted ... causing a glowing outline around her upper body...

Status
Not open for further replies.