valen

Sep 16, 2006
Date : End May 2011

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

What you lack is a pic with proper eye contact from the model. Otherwise kudos to your adventurous use of high-iso... noise reduction for image 2 would be good as well.

#2 high noise (but still acceptable to me cos it looks like magazine paper)

most poses not outstanding.

Last edited:
What you lack is a pic with proper eye contact from the model. Otherwise kudos to your adventurous use of high-iso... noise reduction for image 2 would be good as well.

hi surrephoto. Yup, i was trying on high-iso with only use the light source arround that area. thanks for your point out :)

#2 high noise (but still acceptable to me cos it looks like magazine paper)

most poses not outstanding.

Sinned79, this is just a normal snap while we having a trip to Malacca. thus not really asking model to do any special posting. haha

interesting treatment. model's pose can be improved?

Hi JacePhoto, actually i try to make it like 70's colour, but i think i fail to get the color effect :confused:

sinned79 said:
haha ok, i guess shes not a really model? just your fren?

Yeap. You are right ^^

Like your 1st image especially the colour balance. Feel that her poka dot outfit does bring out the 70's mood.

For #5, it would have been so much better if the model looked the other way.

Last photo looks rather creepy and stalker-ish. Post processing is very different from the usual stuff :), I would prefer it to be more consistent though, its quite noticeable that the model's shirt colour changes drastically throughout the photos

For #5, it would have been so much better if the model looked the other way.

Hi bruggink, thanks for the point out , will take note in future shoot :)

Last photo looks rather creepy and stalker-ish. Post processing is very different from the usual stuff :), I would prefer it to be more consistent though, its quite noticeable that the model's shirt colour changes drastically throughout the photos

Hi Soundaholic, Noted your point. ;) hope can improve more in future shoot .

can indicate what lens/ u used?

I quite interested to know the setup to take these pics..

Learning how to take street portraits ...

surrephoto said:

Disagree that need to have eye contact for photo, but some may be good.

For casual shots consider not too bad.

Very unique...the unintrusive perspective of a passerby. The retro treatment looks authentic too; actually looks like a shot from some old movie.