Jobs related to Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiener

Apr 30, 2004
Alexandra Village
Hi...just like to know what kind of job I can find in the field of photography.Anyone can recommend?Requirements?Where can I find sources in this area?Thanks in advance

Nick

stiener said:
Hi...just like to know what kind of job I can find in the field of photography.Anyone can recommend?Requirements?Where can I find sources in this area?Thanks in advance

Nick

I understand that SPH may have freelance positions for photographer. Not sure what are the requirements though, but will surely need to have experience. You might wish to consider having extensive portfolio as well.

If not, consider doing photography as a freelance business. It's more than just photography itself -- but will inculcate business planning, marketing, presentation skills, and creativity.

What are your plans?

Seriously...I don't know what to start off with...at least get a free lance job to finance the upgrade of my equipment.Cannot do full time since I'm going to get a job after I ORD in April and doing part time studies.Anyway,thanks for your advice.

Nick

i noe of someone who works full-time taking photos at the national skin centre, to study those skin diseases and to see if patients' conditions have improved over time.. thats a photography-related job.. ;)

at SPH.... be a photoj lo.... but u muz be able to write as well as u shoot..

Thanks for your replies.I will check out on SPH thingie.Hope that there is some opportunity that I can work as an assistant of a photographer and expand my knowledge in this field.The experience is what I'm looking forward in getting than monetary returns.Thanks again.

Nick

stiener said:
Hope that there is some opportunity that I can work as an assistant of a photographer and expand my knowledge in this field.The experience is what I'm looking forward in getting than monetary returns.

Me too! I want to be an assistant to a photographer, a good one. I have excellent organizational & book-keeping skills and I know I'd be a real asset to maybe a photographer who is a bit scatterbrained or doesn't like details unrelated to photography. I figure if I can get in like that, I can watch a pro, help out, and probably gain some opportunities through them.

BTW Stiener, is your avatar you own photo? I like it.

-Jess

Having a portfolio, both local and internaltional will prove to be very useful. I thought of attaching myself to local small volunteer groups as a photographer to go to places like Aceh or Tamil Nadu to gain a whole new level of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.