JJC Lens Hood LH-LHP1 for RX1

This leather case looks simple and seems a bit pricey. Might as well get a Gariz which is nicer?

Ordered this customized handmade leather case for my R instead, with red stitches for HKD700 with shipping..

Yes Gariz was one of my choices and in fact i'm using one borrowed from my Buddy. But the heavy and thick metal base somewhat results in the camera tipping forward whenever i put it down.. Small issue but irritable to me...hehe

I actually like the frontal of the luigi case coz it covers more of the camera body (somewhat like half cup vs full cup bra..hehe), But didn't like the "window-looking" rear portion..and of course the price. So when i chanced upon this, realized it actually has most of what i wanted in a case...and can allow red stitching to match the R:p

Well, still taking a bet since i have no seen a real one before so keeping my finger crossed:)

Realize so difficult to get the accessories....from the much needed EVF to hotshoe adapter for my FM20 and sony hard screen protector....arghhh...

My experience with no brand leather casing has been rather disappointing. With some scratching my camera body previously if too rough, or too loose thus making the filmsy grip.

Hope you bought a good one.

Actually, if you have bought a good grip (RRS or Other brands), the metal will protect the bottom corners as well, so no need a case. The half case serves the same purpose of protecting the bottom half but not the top area. So you will still get scratched at the top part if not careful, yet it does not provide sufficient grip (unless you managed to pay a super premium for one with built-in grip in the leather case.

Actually, accessories for RX1R is pretty easy to find. EVF you can buy brand new set, as any used mint set will be grabbed by both RX1 and RX100II users.

As for the hard LCD protector, it creates some thickness and yet may not be as effective as protecting the screen from dust. I would rather go for high quality screen protector pasted onto the screen directly.

What other accessories are you looking for? My set is complete with no more items to buy.

Yes Gariz was one of my choices and in fact i'm using one borrowed from my Buddy. But the heavy and thick metal base somewhat results in the camera tipping forward whenever i put it down.. Small issue but irritable to me...hehe

I actually like the frontal of the luigi case coz it covers more of the camera body (somewhat like half cup vs full cup bra..hehe), But didn't like the "window-looking" rear portion..and of course the price. So when i chanced upon this, realized it actually has most of what i wanted in a case...and can allow red stitching to match the R:p

Well, still taking a bet since i have no seen a real one before so keeping my finger crossed:)

Realize so difficult to get the accessories....from the much needed EVF to hotshoe adapter for my FM20 and sony hard screen protector....arghhh...

Last edited:
Was reading about this previously too. Price seems decent, but don't have patience to wait and bought another grip locally. Maybe you wanna buy and let us know how is it?

The grip looks a bit too wide and near to the lens to provide a good grip. How do you find it in terms of better holding?

I used to have a Gariz halfcase with the small in-built grip. Not very useful in providing better holding, and I end up just having a nice handgrip with metal base. One of the most essential accessories for me as it provides a grip that is similar to Leica handgrip, and good protection to the base. When not taking photos, I have a nice neoprene pouch to protect from any knocks and scratches. Still looks as good as brand new after weeks of use.

U are right steelman, the case was a poor fit. Now i'm back to square 1.

Likely will buy a Gariz case with grip to play safe. Care to share which grip u bought?

I managed to get hotshoe adapter to be used with my HVL-F20M Btw, still waiting for my EVF to arrive..

Gariz case with grip has very little help on improving the grip, as the protruding area is just too minimal and thus not enough to help with grip.

Why would you need to wait for your EVF? Local shops got stocks leh....

Bought my EVF from Sony store in Funan. Grip i found it in Funan as well. Hood bought original one.