JiuZhaiGou II - Woods & Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max 2.8 said:
If IR will be nice....nonetheless, still nice....
:bsmilie: Thanks Max.. a good comment from IR shooter...
I hope to shoot snowing or icy glacier (such as those at Alaska) in IR..not sure
can or not. Was there few years ago but was not into photography then...:confused:

Hosea said:
Inside JZG , it is rather dim.. but I still use a CP filter.
Personally I dont really like ND coz the pix doesnt look realistic to me
though it helps to make the pix look more perfect.
Ya, if it is on a bright day.. use either CP or ND would help.:)

Nice waterfall, last image overexposure at centre part......
To Kthan:

Take note, ND filter doesn't affect much the fidelity of image.
ND filter can extend your exposure timing to allow you capture the water flow stream.
You also can set your aperture to higher F number to get the same result without ND filter.
In certain case, although your aperture number is minimum(largest F), your camera metering
would shows "HI", means, with this setting, you would get overexposure image.In this case,
you need ND filter. CP filter would reduce the exposure between 1/3 to one step EV.:devil:

Hosea said:
:bsmilie: Thanks Max.. a good comment from IR shooter...
I hope to shoot snowing or icy glacier (such as those at Alaska) in IR..not sure
can or not. Was there few years ago but was not into photography then...:confused:

I've seen IR in snowed area...actually not much different other than higher contrast. Darker sky and tree trunks...

eason said:
Nice waterfall, last image overexposure at centre part......
Thanks eason, I noticed that too... can't figure how to improve it.(not by PS, I mean
shooting). Any suggestion from your tech. analysis.;)

Max 2.8 said:
I've seen IR in snowed area...actually not much different other than higher contrast. Darker sky and tree trunks...
Oh, so it seems not so interesting , right?

If only we can gather a compilations of the shots of JiuZhaiGou over teh 4 season.. that will be stunning!

sky888 said:
If only we can gather a compilations of the shots of JiuZhaiGou over teh 4 season.. that will be stunning!

Thanks for viewing Sky888. I wish to do that too.:) Are you from China?
Think it would be must easier if I live there.

:bigeyes: The color...the sharpness!!! I like #1 & #3

Hosea you are my 偶像 now....I was like watching 射雕英雄转....I am back to pugilist world :thumbsup:

Big Kahuna said:
:bigeyes: The color...the sharpness!!! I like #1 & #3

Hosea you are my 偶像 now....I was like watching 射雕英雄转....I am back to pugilist world :thumbsup:
Thank you Big Kahuna.. you hv selected my choice pix of this series.. that is photo #1.
I like it coz it shows the dim and yet vibrancy of this place.:)

:bsmilie: Your imagination is quite valid. I saw that beautiful young lady(very pretty lead lady acting as a girl friend to the Taiwanese singer actor... just dont know their names) of this year TV Chinese sword series showing on sat & sun night.

Status
Not open for further replies.