Jitter alert always appears?? FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhao5576

Mar 28, 2005
Hi all!
One more FZ20 user here!
I Just got my FZ20 two days ago. Hope to learn from u all to make good use of my DC :)

But I don't know why the jitter alert always appears even if when I put it on my desk! Is it something wrong with my DC?? :think:

zhao5576 said:
Hi all!
One more FZ20 user here!
I Just got my FZ20 two days ago. Hope to learn from u all to make good use of my DC :)

But I don't know why the jitter alert always appears even if when I put it on my desk! Is it something wrong with my DC?? :think:

The jitter alert will show when the camera is required to shoot at low shutter speeds, or shutter speeds that the camera feels is insufficient to prevent handshake.

First check that your Mega OIS is on and the prefered setting is Mode 2.
Check the shutter speed, if your fstop is already f2.8 and the shutter speed is low like 1/15 etc, there is only 2 things you could do, flash it, or raise the ISO.
The basic rule of thumb is to have at least 1/focal length shutter speed.
So if you are using at full wide, then 1/36 is a minimum lor. but with mega OIS, you can of course go lower by something like 3 stops.

Please consult your manual constantly, and if still not feeling unsure, send it to pana service centre.

zhao5576 said:
Hi all!

Jitter will appear when the shutter speed is considered to slow for hand-held. This is based on pre-programmed algorithm. Others have taken nice and sharp photo even when the jitter warning appear.

Jitter appear on desk......the camera does not know if you are holding it or it is on a table or mounted on a tripod. Hence jitter will still appear if shutter speed is slow. Nothing to worry.

Come to think of it, no camera so far can detect this condition. Let's see which manufacturer will be the first to do this ? With some smart programming and OIS, Pana should be able to guestimate if the camera is held steady, and only put the alert when the camera is not held steady. This will be an interesting feature.

zhao5576 said:
Hi all!
One more FZ20 user here!

I seem to have the same situation too. At first i thought its the setting on my cam, but when i attended the PLUG meeting, i realise that even when i set the same settings as the other FZ20 users and follow every rule in the book my jitter warning still comes on very very often, while the others do not have this problem. And its on a tripod somemore. Exactly the same setting and setup as everybody esle.

zhao5576 i also realise u bought your cam slightly later then mine. Dont know whether they did something to the settings of the jitter sensor, make it more sensitive or whatever.

But i will be going for the outing this sat at panasonic buliding, hopefully the people there can provide some explaination or help.

Josephteo548 said:
I seem to have the same situation too. At first i thought its the setting on my cam, but when i attended the PLUG meeting, i realise that even when i set the same settings as the other FZ20 users and follow every rule in the book my jitter warning still comes on very very often, while the others do not have this problem. And its on a tripod somemore. Exactly the same setting and setup as everybody esle.

zhao5576 i also realise u bought your cam slightly later then mine. Dont know whether they did something to the settings of the jitter sensor, make it more sensitive or whatever.

But i will be going for the outing this sat at panasonic buliding, hopefully the people there can provide some explaination or help.

I think it's good idea to take it to Pana Customer Care. Do note they close at 2pm on Saturday. So you have to take it there earlier.

LifeWorld said:
I think it's good idea to take it to Pana Customer Care. Do note they close at 2pm on Saturday. So you have to take it there earlier.

Thanks Lifeworld. Guess i will go there earlier and meet you all there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.