Jessie@Old Changi Hospital 17 Jul 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
finally managed to catch up with EOS500N after a long while! thanks for organising the shoot, bro! and also nice to make a couple of new frens along the way!

shot jessie (a newbie model) at old changi hospital on sat. spooky place... even in the day! not to mentioned a hellvu big swarm of commando trained mosquitoes.... :sweat: these are 2 pics i thot were decent enough. free to :flame: me abt techniques. but, as usual, dun trash the model, rite?

#1: Here's Jessie! first time using my lumiquest softbox for this shot. IMO, much better effects than when i used a omnibounce. i quite like the even lighting generated by the softbox and the catchlights in the model's eyes.

CRW_0298.jpg

#2: Jessie being pensive... the blue glow is generated by the broken bluish windows above the model. shot at ISO1600, shutter 1/125 and no flash.

CRW_0334.jpg

cheers!

aiyoh dun have 2 keep thanking me. pity u had 2 leave early. :embrass:

doesn't she have dat "attitude baby" look in the 1st shot? ;)

2nd one i remembered the instructions u gave her. "look outta window. u're waiting for yr boyfren 2 return". :bsmilie:

EOS500N said:
aiyoh dun have 2 keep thanking me. pity u had 2 leave early. :embrass:

doesn't she have dat "attitude baby" look in the 1st shot? ;)

2nd one i remembered the instructions u gave her. "look outta window. u're waiting for yr boyfren 2 return". :bsmilie:

hey, its hard work organising such things! i could see its not easy herding a bunch of photogs and a model thru our paces... :sweat:

thanks for the comments! #1's 'attitude look' is totally unintentional. i forgot to ask her to smile... as for #2... eh... dats the best i could come up with to ask her to give the faraway look. now u know why i'm hopeless in picking up girls... wonder why my wife found me amusing... :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:
hey, its hard work organising such things! i could see its not easy herding a bunch of photogs and a model thru our paces... :sweat:

thanks for the comments! #1's 'attitude look' is totally unintentional. i forgot to ask her to smile... as for #2... eh... dats the best i could come up with to ask her to give the faraway look. now u know why i'm hopeless in picking up girls... wonder why my wife found me amusing... :bsmilie:
it sure was quite an experience for me 2 try n help out the newbies. ;)

attitude look turned out pretty ok i guess. quite a creative instruction dat u give wat. wats wrong with dat? i'm sure yr wife made the right choice lah. :bsmilie:

will post my pics up soon too.....nice to meet you guys on saturday.....learnt a lot since....

Robin said:
will post my pics up soon too.....nice to meet you guys on saturday.....learnt a lot since....
no prob dude. get em pics up man! ;)

hey all ! nice meeting u guys also... a big thank you to EOS500N as well, thanks for guiding newbies along the way... definitely picked up some tips on outdoor shots... hope to join u for another shoot again..

will post the pics up soon as well.....

Will03 said:
hey all ! nice meeting u guys also... a big thank you to EOS500N as well, thanks for guiding newbies along the way... definitely picked up some tips on outdoor shots... hope to join u for another shoot again..

will post the pics up soon as well.....
dats great! keep em coming bro! :D

1st shot dun look sharp to me .. ;p
2nd shot .... hmmmm :think: mine looks grainy .. :D

KNIGHT ONG said:
1st shot dun look sharp to me .. ;p
2nd shot .... hmmmm :think: mine looks grainy .. :D

hey, knight! where are urs??? still waiting...

#1 - hmm... yeah. could be becos of hand shakes. first time using my 70-300mm for a portrait shoot. well, i just proved that i can't do it with dat lens...

#2 - grainy becos of the ISO setting. i used Noise Ninja to clean it up. but, looks like not good enuf, hor?

nightwolf75 said:
hey, knight! where are urs??? still waiting...

#1 - hmm... yeah. could be becos of hand shakes. first time using my 70-300mm for a portrait shoot. well, i just proved that i can't do it with dat lens...

#2 - grainy becos of the ISO setting. i used Noise Ninja to clean it up. but, looks like not good enuf, hor?

kekekeke ... mine is just out HOT from the oven ... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.