20514.jpg

Mother feeding her chick. Got to work on the lighting... sigh

20516.jpg

Haven't we seen this bird before?

20517.jpg

20518.jpg

Standard shot

Hi Willy,

The first photo is from the hummingbird gallery where you are the expert. :) How to light the scene properly? I get all kinds of shadows....

Originally posted by willyfoo
Very nice & sharp

Originally posted by erwinx
Hi Willy,

The first photo is from the hummingbird gallery where you are the expert. :) How to light the scene properly? I get all kinds of shadows....

I think a flash Extender and [sometimes]a torch light helps.;)

To get minimise the shadows, use a bounce card, or you can bounce the flash off the sides of the walls... but make sure the flash or the lens is close to the glass else you will see the flash being reflected off the glass.

If you have a slave flash, then it works best... you can then experiment with different combinations of diffused flash & bounce flash.

The torchlight helps in making the sparkling violet-ear change positions :) though there is a technique of waving it, from the bottom to the top, works every single time.. but don't do that too often, the bird keepers don't like it very much.

Originally posted by erwinx
Hi Willy,

Status
Not open for further replies.