JANUARY OUTING 24TH JANUARY 2016 THAIPUSAM FESTIVAL

maverickh

Mar 22, 2009
Hi everyone, we are at the beginning of 2016, and its time for our monthly outing . This year we are lucky that Thaipusum falls on 24th Jaanuary ( Sunday ). This year, there will be additional four music transmission points and three "live" music instrument points for certified musicians to provide religious music for devotees. The inclusion of musicians to accompany the devotees will add another dimension and colour to the atmosphere. These are plus points for street photography.

IMG_0861 by maverick_h, on Flickr

As with other year. the start point will be at Sri Srinivasa Perumal temple, Serangoon Road. As Thaipusam falls on a Sunday this year, I believe more people will turn up to sak in the atmosphere for this event.

This being the first Pentax outing for 2016, coupled with this colourful festival,hopefully, this will attract more Pentaxians and friends to turn up for this outing.

Tentative Schedule

Hi everyone, kindly be advised that the meeting time has been brought forward to 6.30am ( meet outside City Square Mall - near entrance / exit of Farrer Park MRT ), for some informal introduction and idea sharing on how to approach the street photography.

Start shooting at 7.00 am

End shoot at about 9.00 am then we proceed for breakfast .

List of Attendees
1) Franz ( Hp 96580078 )
2)
3)

Last edited:
Joined!

List of Attendees
1) Franz
2) JK
3)
4)
5)
6)

List of Attendees
1) Franz
2) JK
3) KA Chang
4)fengwei
5)
6)

Last edited:
List of Attendees
1) Franz
2) JK
3) KA Chang
4)fengwei
5) Felix
6) Joe

List of Attendees
1) Franz
2) JK
3) KA Chang
4)fengwei
5) Felix
6) Joe
7) OTC

Last edited:
BTW, non Pentax users are welcomed as usual. :)

List of Attendees
1) Franz
2) JK
3) KA Chang
4)fengwei
5) Felix
6) Joe
7) OTC
8) PhilipKr35

List of Attendees
1) Franz
2) JK
3) KA Chang
4)fengwei
5) Felix
6) Joe
7) OTC
8) PhilipKr35
9) Cheong

List of Attendees
1) Franz
2) JK
3) KA Chang
4)fengwei
5) Felix
6) Joe
7) OTC
8) PhilipKr35
9) Cheong
10) Greg

Hi everyone, kindly be advised that the meeting time has been brought forward to 6.30am ( meet outside City Square Mall - near entrance / exit of Farrer Park MRT ), for some informal introduction and idea sharing on how to approach the street photography. I have decided to bring forward the time to avoid the harsh sunlight which happens after 9am.

Start shooting at 7.00 am

End shoot at about 9.00 am then we proceed for breakfast .

Hope more people can join in

Please help to spread the word of the change in timing.

Thanks
:)

Last edited:
Bro, any car park open at that time?

Hi Felix,

You can try to park around Syed Alwi area. Veerasamay Road. There may be free parking on Sunday . Just need to look.

Cheers !!

Bro, any car park open at that time?

Hi bro, you can park at City Square Mall (not free) or you can park at Mustafa Centre area, free parking on Sunday. The road along Swee Choon Dim Sum or nearby. Less than 5 minutes walk to the FUP.

Anyway can a noob Canon user join in? :confused:

Last edited:
Hi bro, you can park at City Square Mall (not free) or you can park at Mustafa Centre area, free parking on Sunday. The road along Swee Choon Dim Sum or nearby. Less than 5 minutes walk to the FUP.

Welcome to join! :)

Thanks for the info. Please join us for the outing

Guys, sorry, but I have to pull out of the outing. My Godson is getting confirmed this Sunday and I need to be there. Thought it is at 10.30am, need to be there by 9am

See you all next month