January 2009 "Chinatown" Photograph

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad we were not there for the big family shot:cry:

This is what I've shot in the morning, just share a few.

CNY primary n secondary calligraphy competition, held by NUS chinese society
IMGP5956.jpg

IMGP5991.jpg

IMGP5970.jpg

IMGP6026.jpg

My god, the film shots are so good! That's the FA ltd magic (from a Pentax master photographers, of course!)

my only contribution from a short day ... :(
(BTW, thanks KamFei for lending his fisheye ... certainly next on my wish list!)

3204780241_a31cd80d43.jpg

Last edited:
IMGP5976.jpg

IMGP6002.jpg

IMGP6031.jpg

IMGP6024.jpg

all taken with 31
used up all 'shooting power' of the day so nothing good in chinatown in the afternoon..

keep your nice photos coming:)

I think this is actually a mosque... should be called Masjid Jamae Chulia.

thx for correcting me..
is it an islam mosque, cannot see the normal crescent on top..

Also by MZ3+FA43 on Kodak Gold 100:
Lovely couple for SALE

00660015_s.jpg

The lovely lady is taken already but I'll have the K-M please!:bsmilie:

Goodness Fengwei, you intentionally let your battery die so you can take that series of street shots, right? :thumbsup:Even though I was with you and See Fei, I have yet to learn to overcome my fear of taking pictures of people. there was this little girl held by her father, I tried to take them from behind when she looked backwards. Followed them for 10m but the girl did not turn around again..sigh...

So anyone caught a shot of my poor sunglasses?:)

Film sure does look good.

Starting out with the few landscape and abstract shots, plus new post-processing techniques for added punch.

3206026468_f001bc0c35_o.jpg

Five Stars

3205182223_b6575d9777_o.jpg

High Noon

3206027394_3c01cbfed6_o.jpg

Overcast

3205182061_27bf402265_o.jpg

Lights Out

oh no! Is it a large red one? I may have taken it out while taking a shot and forgot to retrieve it when I was done. In anycase, I went back there immediately after that but did not see it. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully the pentaxian will upload the pic for me to confirm..:embrass:

It was a red rimmed sport type glasses. I was wondering who left such a item haha. :)

Nonetheless, FW's shots VERY GOOD! make me go :eek:

It was a red rimmed sport type glasses. I was wondering who left such a item haha. :)

yupp..that's mine. So I took it off to take a photo and not dropped it. Now at least I know what happened to it.
It looks like the specs below but is red in colour. Cost me $49...just got a replacement at the same price. I'd rather spend the $49 buying everyone coffee than have to replace the glasses...sigh..

eec_asti.jpg

Film sure does look good.

Starting out with the few landscape and abstract shots, plus new post-processing techniques for added punch.

3206026468_f001bc0c35_o.jpg

3205182223_b6575d9777_o.jpg

Hi Baracus
For the first building shot, I got the SAME colour because I accidently left my camera in "Tungsten" mode from a previous shoot.
For the 2nd shot, I also took from the same angle but mine is so much more boring. Your composition is much better. I noticed the vignetting effect. That was due to the full frame 50 1.7 and not because of post processing, right?:)

Hi Baracus
For the first building shot, I got the SAME colour because I accidently left my camera in "Tungsten" mode from a previous shoot.
For the 2nd shot, I also took from the same angle but mine is so much more boring. Your composition is much better. I noticed the vignetting effect. That was due to the full frame 50 1.7 and not because of post processing, right?:)

Mmm. Looks more like a ultra-wide. :p

The 50 1.7 doesn't vignette on my K100D, so it should be PP. In fact, it should be that the DA/digital-only lenses vignette on the film bodies..

Last edited:

The 50 1.7 doesn't vignette on my K100D, so it should be PP. In fact, it should be that the DA/digital-only lenses vignette on the film bodies..

Yeah Alvan, I'm introducing lots of vignette PP this time around due to the harsh sunlight. Thanks a bunch for loaning me the 10-20mm for the day. :lovegrin:

The next batches will be streets, followed by the staple Pentaxian candids. ;)

B/W series

3205182397_d28312c115_o.jpg

Let's Roll

3205182525_fd53a26577_o.jpg

Decoy

3205182663_5e2f222d11_o.jpg

Crossed Elbows

3206027502_c0f88e204a_o.jpg

The Sun. It Burns!

B/W Part 2

3206027582_ff7c4a46f3_o.jpg

Swing Girls

3205183403_73578aea23_o.jpg

I Think We're Being Watched

3205183869_6277b01a7c_o.jpg

The Glance

3205184109_2ce306f7a6_o.jpg

Why So Serious?

Is it just me, or do these give off a certain film feel? :)

Hey Ben, how did you managed to develop the film roll so fast??

Well, I went to Spore Color at West Mall, I hang around until the film done + index print in 40minutes. Even FW told me his will be ready by 8pm, but I collected his b4 7pm. At home, I scan one negative took about 5 minutes at 600dpi.

I have completed 20 exposures for my 2nd roll and can't wait to finished.

Ya, the DA50-135 vignetted on my MZ-3. So after I scan the negative, cropped it to remove the vignette.

yupp..that's mine. So I took it off to take a photo and not dropped it. Now at least I know what happened to it.
It looks like the specs below but is red in colour. Cost me $49...just got a replacement at the same price. I'd rather spend the $49 buying everyone coffee than have to replace the glasses...sigh..

eec_asti.jpg

Yep. that's the one... Ouch for you. :think:

eec_asti.jpg

I think that is the sunglass i almost stepped on it and Bernard alerted me. He picked it up and place it on the railing. We were wondering and didn't know it belongs to you or any of the pentaxians and decided to place it at the railing, hopefully that no one will step on it and the owner can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.