Janice & Jocelyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel77

Apr 22, 2005
Singapore
raylau-photo.com
2 pictures to share from this afternoon...

3372899326_7d5cb6c3db_o.jpg

3373013904_2e312c46af_o.jpg

Pose vs Pose....Jocelyn better than Janice. Look out for reflection on bedhead and that door could be closed instead. Also that wall light. Alternatively, you could have move a little to your left.

Last edited:
#1 - Janice's feel is not there. You should have gotten her to look into you in this kind of shots. Also, you should not have cut away part of her shoulders. That will minus the seductive element in this shot. The look is probably not seductive enough. I'm sure you have better ones.

#2 - Too much distractions in the background. The door handle, the side lighting and lights being switched on, all adds to the failure of this shot.

Last edited:
Kel, if I may:

I just feel there is an emptiness in Janice's eyes. I cannot feel a sense of "living" in those eyes, much less seduction. I will even go as far as to say she looks jaded. I am not too sure if she is tired or not, but based on what I see, she does not seem to be connecting with you when you made that shot. Ultimately if it is a lingerie shoot, I will expect a little playfulness and "come hither" kind of expressions. I just do not catch it in these photos.

Couple of points here. I am thinking here she is lying on her left hand either outstretched or bent at the elbow. Her collar bone already shows that she is not "balanced" in terms of the shoulders as this is a front face shot. Agree with Virgo that the shoulders being cut off brings down the sense of seduction somewhat as most, or in fact all lingerie pictures usually have shoulders exposed as the art of seduction comes from the face, eyes, collar bone and shoulders, though not necessarily in that order. At the same time, a lot of her neck is covered by hair. Again, the neck area is typically one of the more sensual areas of the female body, so exposure of the neck here may add to the feel. But ultimately the eyes do not say it.

For Jocelyn, she has a very sweet look and being in a big white man's shirt is alluring. Will not go into the background distractions here as virgo has said it. You may want to watch the pose. Seems that a lot of weight is going into the hands. Going forward, the right leg seems to have a larger thigh profile. The leg could have been extended a little bit more backwards and moved further back to give it more length from the angle that you were taking.

Overall, I prefer Jocelyn's picture to Janice as the expression of Jocelyn lends more to the picture. Janice's picture unfortunately falls short in a lot of areas, especially in the area where if you want to express seduction.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the pointers :) will take note of these areas.
Pls feel free to comment.

Kel, if I may:

I just feel there is an emptiness in Janice's eyes. I cannot feel a sense of "living" in those eyes, much less seduction. I will even go as far as to say she looks jaded. I am not too sure if she is tired or not, but based on what I see, she does not seem to be connecting with you when you made that shot. Ultimately if it is a lingerie shoot, I will expect a little playfulness and "come hither" kind of expressions. I just do not catch it in these photos.

I agree. It's because of the horrible fake contacts, that give her the "my eyes are dead glass" feel.

Overall, I prefer Jocelyn's picture to Janice as the expression of Jocelyn lends more to the picture. Janice's picture unfortunately falls short in a lot of areas, especially in the area where if you want to express seduction.

Fully agree.

Kel, if I may:
Seems that a lot of weight is going into the hands. Going forward, the right leg seems to have a larger thigh profile. The leg could have been extended a little bit more backwards and moved further back to give it more length from the angle that you were taking.

Oh.. Thanks for the pointers. =) I will be more aware of it the next time. ^^

Somehow, just somehow, this is just me.

I just feel that Jocelyn has an edge over Janice in terms of the pictures posted.

Wanna take note of the fist though in the second pic of the second set. Hands in the shape of a fist tends to magnify the perspective of the fist, hand and face ratio. In addition, avoid placement of face on fist which can distort the facial structure. While here is not that evident, can tell that the chin area is flattened a little.

Anyways, kel. Your pics have always been good, that much I know and can tell.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.