Jamie Yeo at Tampines Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.
i totally agree with plastic.. even if this was a fashion shoot (which it wasn't), eye contact isnt a iron-clad requirement..

keep the good stuff coming kongo..

my 2 cents

kongo, your images are fantastic. you got such great pics of jamie yeo even when shes not giving you eye contact!

comments and constructive criticism i believe are always welcomed. but senseless nitpicking of minor issues like eye contact when it really doesnt matter i think is just plain wrong la.

just my 2 cents :p

i agree with the no-need-eye-contact-all-the-blahdy-time idea. If the picture looks good, it looks good. Actually if there was eye contact, it would have been a boring typical picture. Jamie Yeo is a well-known celebrity, so even if she look at you eye to eye with bedroom eyes, who would believe Jamie Yeo is your lover anyway? :bsmilie:

Plastic & Kongo,

Don't think +evenstar is a professional..

As I am quite curious of the kind of works evenstar produces, I tried some searching and found this instead:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/20665505

Think he is just a junior college student. Looks like a young boy trying to act cool and pretending to be expert. :bsmilie:

No wonder he cannot differentiate between fashion shots and events. ;)

plastic said:
I am amazed at this comment... I think the shots are good... (unless the shooter is an official photographer, its doubly hard getting these shots)... maybe the poster should try shooting celebrities at events. Else I think comments that make you look stupid should be refrained. Pfft... *shakes head at the professional comments in this place*

Nice work Kongo, keep on shooting and ignore those unconstructive comments which if you stay long enough in this forum, only comes from a handful of peeps. Don't let this kill your enthusiasm for photography. Keep the passion burning!! :devil:

Primary difference about this set, is that flash doesn't seem to be used, which may cause a more "flattened" look to faces. I'd venture to say these were shot only with ambient light, which gives a more 3D look to Jamie.

Only grouse is... too many photos of her. Pick one or two, no need to have so many. Apart from that, good effort.

She seemed to have aged alot :confused:

Wow.. I am overwhelmed by the support, Thanks a lot folks :D :thumbsup:

Will still keep shooting and posting, must provide some community service as I didn't donate a lot to the community chest lol (too bad purchasing of equipment cannot deduct tax :bsmilie: )

My opinion is similar with most of you, it'll be more important to capture a shot that looks good, eye contact is a big bonus, not a die-die must have issue lah..

rTwin said:
i totally agree with plastic.. even if this was a fashion shoot (which it wasn't), eye contact isnt a iron-clad requirement..

keep the good stuff coming kongo..

my 2 cents

reiv said:
kongo, your images are fantastic. you got such great pics of jamie yeo even when shes not giving you eye contact!

comments and constructive criticism i believe are always welcomed. but senseless nitpicking of minor issues like eye contact when it really doesnt matter i think is just plain wrong la.

just my 2 cents :p

benedium said:
i agree with the no-need-eye-contact-all-the-blahdy-time idea. If the picture looks good, it looks good. Actually if there was eye contact, it would have been a boring typical picture. Jamie Yeo is a well-known celebrity, so even if she look at you eye to eye with bedroom eyes, who would believe Jamie Yeo is your lover anyway? :bsmilie:

NMSS_2 said:
telling others that a photo must have eye-contact is better than one without is as good as telling them that a photo that is sharp is better than a blur ones.:think:

No idea that he is so young. :sweat: I thought that he could be some expert event shooter.

Anyway, he's entitled to his own opinion, guess we need to know when to stand our ground. :)

KBeng said:
Plastic & Kongo,
Don't think +evenstar is a professional..
As I am quite curious of the kind of works evenstar produces, I tried some searching and found this instead:
http://www.blogger.com/profile/20665505
Think he is just a junior college student. Looks like a young boy trying to act cool and pretending to be expert.
No wonder he cannot differentiate between fashion shots and events.

maestrolik said:
Nice work Kongo, keep on shooting and ignore those unconstructive comments which if you stay long enough in this forum, only comes from a handful of peeps. Don't let this kill your enthusiasm for photography. Keep the passion burning!! :devil:

Your are very right, as it's conducted outdoor (under shade though), I didn't use flash.

Point noted, will learn to be more discipline. Thanks for the tips and comments! :)

(BTW, my thread title already betrayed me, I went there with more intention to shoot Jamie Yeo more than the event itself :bsmilie: )

sehsuan said:
Primary difference about this set, is that flash doesn't seem to be used, which may cause a more "flattened" look to faces. I'd venture to say these were shot only with ambient light, which gives a more 3D look to Jamie.

Only grouse is... too many photos of her. Pick one or two, no need to have so many. Apart from that, good effort.

OK lar, still very chio for me, heheee..

fweddy said:
She seemed to have aged alot :confused:

nice :)

Sorry to OT, but wouldn't it be better not to use flash if the ambient lightings are good enough?

Hey!

Ur photos are getting better and better and the colours too!
Somehow I feel that you always got lobang for these type of events...

Although eye contacts is not a most for events but the first few photos which features Jamie looks like model shoot. This might be the reason some CSers pointed out that it need eye contacts. Perhaps should try shooting wider, more details or from another perspective. Don't just use your 85mm f1.2, 135mm f2.0. This is my feel...

So when will be the next time for a good shoot together?

itsybitsyspidy said:
Sorry to OT, but wouldn't it be better not to use flash if the ambient lightings are good enough?

i think that is what sehsuan meant.

Thanks!

Are u interested in shooting this kinda event or not? Maybe we can go together next time. I am staying at tampines that's why happen to know this event as it's advertised at the main entrance.

Some other just read from my wife copy of i-weekly.

The good thing abt such event is that you can practice shooting for free, but downside is the model isn't going to pose for u or look at u. And the crowd is going to get into your way..chaotic at times :sweat: Not much time to change lens also..

Probably can train basic techinque, instinct and reflexes but not too much on expressing ideas and creativity. Model shoot are costly so I only join once in a while..

Let me know when you r free, my schedule shd be more "loose" around august.. ;)

carnage3630 said:
Hey!

Ur photos are getting better and better and the colours too!
Somehow I feel that you always got lobang for these type of events...

Although eye contacts is not a most for events but the first few photos which features Jamie looks like model shoot. This might be the reason some CSers pointed out that it need eye contacts. Perhaps should try shooting wider, more details or from another perspective. Don't just use your 85mm f1.2, 135mm f2.0. This is my feel...

So when will be the next time for a good shoot together?

I dun mind events shoot at all and I lives in the east area too...
PM me when you got lobang and we can spar on each other's knowledge...
August would be a good time for me too..
Hope to see more works from u...

i dun mind the no-eye contact thing, slong as nice expression captured... just like in yo pics, nice smiles

she's one hot one aint she

great pics and i LOVE the colours! care to share your equipment set-up? (ok..i know equipment isn't everything, it's the eye behind the lens, but then...)

also, any PS?

+evenstar said:
yup, i just had a look again and all shots lack eye contact. eye contact is v impt in fashion shoots IMO, and shots w/o eye contact should be kept for self viewing

my 2¢
this isn't a fashion shoot, this is covering an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.