Jalan Jalan on Mayday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi all,
I was taking a walk from Outram MRT station to Bugis on Labour Day and managed to get some shots here to share~ Using a D80 with kit lens and Hoya CPL~
Please Enjoy~
C&C Welcome

1. The first shot was taken when i was crossing over to ChinaTown from Outram. This buidling seems to be very outstanding and it happen the sky is rather nice despite the cloudy weather for the past few days~

DSC_1180e_for_web.jpg

2. Was walking in an alley in China Town and feel the sunlight is strong enough to bring out the colours of the alley~
DSC_1213_for_web.jpg

3. Manage to shoot this move by the lady. Sorry for the darkness of the doggy. Tried to do a close up, however, too dark to bring out the features.
DSC_1208e_for_web.jpg

4.Manage to shoot this unique looking flower outside err, Chinatown Center?
DSC_1223_for_web.jpg

5.Last PP shot of the day, a Fan in the Toilet. hahaha. But of course, shot it when no one was around~
DSC_1241_for_web.jpg

6. This shot is actually blowed up from a very small flower on the ground of the walkway along the Great Eastern Building.

DSC_1261e_for_web.jpg

7. Took a shot of the pebbles that is found in the "bamboo garden" at the building near the Singapore River.

DSC_1274_for_web.jpg

8. A cat sleeping outside Victoria Theatre.

DSC_1310e_for_web.jpg

9.This shot was taken at the fountain in front of the Sir Stamford Raffles.

DSC_1322_for_web.jpg

10.Some Flowers in the garden of the Parliament Building.

DSC_1343e_for_web.jpg

11. And lastly, an old uncle working on Labour Day... so much so for labour day.

DSC_1324e_for_web.jpg

That's all folks! Enjoy~;)

the burst's a good shot.

Thanks zoossh! Trying my best to improve on dSLR shooting. I have to thank ya for the newbie guide, if not, i guess i won't go into dSLR shooting. It's Fun~

maybe it's my lcd monitor, but the pics seem a bit underexposed

err, some of my friends said so too. or maybe my LCD monitor too bright? Hmm, any recommendation on the brightness setting of the monitor in the forum? so i can set my monitor to this brightness before i do PP. Thanks!

err, some of my friends said so too. or maybe my LCD monitor too bright? Hmm, any recommendation on the brightness setting of the monitor in the forum? so i can set my monitor to this brightness before i do PP. Thanks!

i dun think it is the exposure. you may have somehow oversaturated the colors till it merge and the shadows become all black.

hmm, i did some adjustment using the filter function, the brightness and contrast and a bit on the exposure and gamma adjustment. Will these adjustment cause oversaturation? Please advise so i can take note when i PP next time? Will adjusting shadow and highlight help? Thanks! :)

hmm, i did some adjustment using the filter function, the brightness and contrast and a bit on the exposure and gamma adjustment. Will these adjustment cause oversaturation? Please advise so i can take note when i PP next time? Will adjusting shadow and highlight help? Thanks! :)

perhaps just dun push the contrast and gamma too much.

Oh ya, i guess i overpush the contrast. I also reduce a bit of brightness. Ok, i got it, Thanks for your advise, zoossh and thanks for pointing out, Chegr~

i like Burst and Red

Status
Not open for further replies.