J&J no more distributor for Pentax???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last encounter with J&J was when I was doing B&W printing and processing at home. I used Ilford paper and J&J was the importer. They would only bring in one or two types of paper in a couple of sizes at most. When I called to ask about other papers (fibre based warm tone etc) the first guy I spoke to had no clue what I was talking about. They transferred me to someone else who dismissed the whole thing... "market too small, cannot bring whatever people ask for" or something like that. The offhand attitude and lack of basic courtsey left a lasting impression. I for one hope they get out of this market.

Well, Singapore is also a bloody small country & is difficult to do big business. Really sucks man!:confused:

singscott said:
They sent every repair back to their manufacturer:bsmilie:
ya man...after u say that then i realise my 645s' stuff all go Japan...;(

sriram said:
My last encounter with J&J was when I was doing B&W printing and processing at home. I used Ilford paper and J&J was the importer. They would only bring in one or two types of paper in a couple of sizes at most. When I called to ask about other papers (fibre based warm tone etc) the first guy I spoke to had no clue what I was talking about. They transferred me to someone else who dismissed the whole thing... "market too small, cannot bring whatever people ask for" or something like that. The offhand attitude and lack of basic courtsey left a lasting impression. I for one hope they get out of this market.
wa...seems to me that J&J people are simply bo chap.....

There was ad advert tat featured Pentax & the *ist DL on Tuesday's Strait Times's Digital Life supplement. But it doesn't says whether J&J still marketing the brand...

k_istDS said:
maybe too in-efficient to remove the link...;)
might be it....its a norm for 'big' companies like this...."oh we're too busy with all the....":bsmilie:

Actually JJ is very big.
Photo trade is too small.
Singapore market also small.
Number of users choosing Pentax and Rollei even smaller.
But lots of Metz users.

No excuses for poor management, if the stories mentioned here are true.
If one is not interested then why accept the agency.

But is it not a fairy tale ending for all of you? :bsmilie:
It seems they are OUT.

Mr. Wallace?
I think he will care if you complain to his bosses such that his position is in jeopardy.
But he may sue you. So no point getting into such a mess over a hobby.
Just let it go.

ricohflex said:
Actually JJ is very big.
But lots of Metz users.

It seems they are OUT.

Mr. Wallace?
I think he will care if you complain to his bosses such that his position is in jeopardy.
Just let it go.

Ain't that sad in the photography industry here.:( Don't feel like buying any more Metz flash already.:(

ricohflex said:
Actually JJ is very big.
But lots of Metz users.

It seems they are OUT.

Mr. Wallace?
Just let it go.

he sue me? for giving bad service to people who pay part of his salary?
ha ...wat a joke....wat will ppl of the industry think of him then? hobby? no la...full time photographer for 5 years liao...

if so, hope they can do a good job...esp servicing support..

Hooray!!! I hope that the new distributor would be a more responsible one with genuine passion in Pentax camera system.:think:

fuwen said:
Heard that Shriro is taking over Pentax.

Bro.. do you have any contact for Shriro?? I need a replace my current Pentax battery cover urgent... :eek: Can helP?? Any bro can highlight to me if there is any place I can get my digital pentax camera fix now?? :dunno:

liangee said:
Bro.. do you have any contact for Shriro?? I need a replace my current Pentax battery cover urgent... :eek: Can helP?? Any bro can highlight to me if there is any place I can get my digital pentax camera fix now?? :dunno:

why not call J N J to get the contacts for Shriro?

liangee said:
hey, where did u get your camera? maybe u can try going back to the vendor to get the repair center's contacts....they should have know where u should go to.....

fuwen said:
Heard that Shriro is taking over Pentax.
oh..tats very new to me....they have hasselblad and linhof in their camera dept liao...pentax should be in safe hands...:cool:

actually it is not that ppl are brand conscious and go for nikon/canon. i started out w pentax w a mz-50. then got really interested and went into a z1. when even till today i still think its superb( the set exposure button is simply superb! you can be at manual mode and see something happening and just press that button to get auto exposure on spot)

then want to try off camera flash stuff and everywhere all say dun carry cos JJ never bring in. wanna buy lens also must buy new cos very few ppl buy/sell in the 2nd shop. ended up going into nikon cos getting stuff is really lot easier. i dun think that nikon is really superior in terms of quality of products, just that it is easier to get adn to get rid of nikon products

if pentax have had a good agent and strong support. think many would have stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.