Ixus V or Nikon Coolpix 775?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grace

Hope I posted in the right forum.

I'm a current owner of the Nikon Coolpix 775 and have always been an admirer of the sleek looks of Canon IXUS V. I'm on the verge of buying a second hand IXUS (while selling off my Nikon).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Because I'm relatively amateur with regards to digital photography. Should I change? Meaning, is the IXUS V better?

I've actually developed pics whcih I took with my Nikon, and the images were very washed. :( I saw my friend's IXUS V results, and it was fantastic. Maybe I got the settings wrong, but I would sincerely appreciate a second opinion regarding this move.

Thanks in advance!

Generally, yes, the Ixus V comes out with pretty nice pictures.
Bought one for a frnd going overseas and she loves it!

But wats wrong with the 775? Could it be your settings. I have tried both and altho the Ixus V beats the 775, the 775 isn't terribly bad either.

Maybe you can post your settings?

Here are some shots of a cricket that I took with a Nikon 775:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6815

This was taken in macro mode, highest resolution and Fine settings.

Let me summarise: You made prints from your digital files, they turn out washed out, and you think the camera is responsible for the washed out look.

Maybe you can post a few of your 'washed out' pictures and we can tell you whether its because the camera is lousy or whether its due to human factors.

Originally posted by grace
Hope I posted in the right forum.

I'm a current owner of the Nikon Coolpix 775 and have always been an admirer of the sleek looks of Canon IXUS V. I'm on the verge of buying a second hand IXUS (while selling off my Nikon).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Because I'm relatively amateur with regards to digital photography. Should I change? Meaning, is the IXUS V better?

I've actually developed pics whcih I took with my Nikon, and the images were very washed. :( I saw my friend's IXUS V results, and it was fantastic. Maybe I got the settings wrong, but I would sincerely appreciate a second opinion regarding this move.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your replies :)

I can't really post the pics, cos I'm embarrassed. I'm in all of them. Hehe... It looks fine on my comp, but in print, the colors are just yuck!

Being an amateur amateur, I did not make any additional settings other than switching the dials on the top... Am I missing out on something?

Originally posted by grace
Thanks for your replies :)

I can't really post the pics, cos I'm embarrassed. I'm in all of them. Hehe... It looks fine on my comp, but in print, the colors are just yuck!

Being an amateur amateur, I did not make any additional settings other than switching the dials on the top... Am I missing out on something?

Do you print with your own printer? :dunno:
If so, what is the printer model?

No, it cost 50 cents apiece to print it at the shop. Change Alley i think.

post the pics lor......juz wanna see how the pic quality of the CP775...me using a CP885....older brother :)....oh btw how many mega-pixals izzit?

Status
Not open for further replies.