It's time to get some CC!

bookwormm

Jun 8, 2010

Away from the City Lights
by _SHAO, on Flickr

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, PP, Colours (I find myself going haywire when I'm pp-ing my photos recently, please comment on this)

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Nothing concrete

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Was feeling bored and trouble and hence I took a little walk around the city area and found myself a nice spot to let my mind drift.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
There are plenty of flaws such as grainy sky, blury water reflection (if that's considered as any reflection at all), could have placed the dome better according to rule of 1/3, no main theme/ subject.

Last edited:
beyond the slightly overdone post and blown highlights, the composition doesnt work for me
maybe putting a little more thought before confirming on the composition might help

Yup, I have to agree that I haven't been thinking when I clicked the shutter. Will take note next time, thanks shiosaki!

you can try making gardens by the bay the main subject, and adjusting the exposure so that the lights of the garden draw your viewer's attention to it. beautiful light and colour can be achieved during PP. i feel this photo has potential :)
14320245826_bbe5a839b5_z_2.jpg

Hi zaren! Thanks for your kind comment, I shall re-attempt this and get opinions from fellow csers again! :)