It's Official! 1DSMKIII, 40D, G9

Status
Not open for further replies.
very impressive :thumbsup:
The EOS 40D camera's completely redesigned nine-point AF sensor provides cross-type AF measurement at all nine focusing points for maximum apertures up to f/5.6, and for the first time in any EOS camera, the central AF point offers enhanced precision for both vertical and horizontal subject contrast when using EF or EF-S lenses featuring maximum apertures of f/2.8 or faster. AF calculation speed with the EOS 40D camera is 30 percent faster than the EOS 30D model.

The Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR is scheduled for early September delivery and will be sold in a body-only configuration at an estimated selling price of $1,299.00i.

wah... pricing is damn good, :eek:can't wait for it to be launched..

And yes finally we have weather-sealing!!! Long overdue feature. :D

Recognizing the often rigorous shooting conditions encountered by professional and advanced amateur photographers, Canon design engineers made the EOS 40D SLR's magnesium alloy exterior even more ruggedly dependable than its predecessors with upgraded dust and weather resistant construction, particularly around the camera's connection ports, battery compartment and single-slot compact flash memory card door.

hai...no 5D2 or 7D etc... :(

Ha...ha...I think you have very high expectations! ;) As it is... I think this is the first time that Canon launches two DSLRs in a single day which is quite a remarkable feat.

I'm kinda happy that they didn't release 5D2(7D) now. So we can be fairly certain that it will be released in the beginning of the next year. By that time my bellowed 5D will be 1 year old and it will be easy decision for me to upgrade to the new 5D2 :)

About the new 14mm f2.8L lens... A bit surprised that the angle of view is only 114 degrees (diagonal). Thought 14mm on a full frame camera would be fish eye (180 deg) already... Is it really 14mm or maybe 24mm???

40D specs nice but nothing terribly exciting really -- a bit more than a 400D in a better body.

Patient my friend... 5DMk2 is gonna be around Feb/March 2008 and 7D? Hmm...keep on dreaming.....:bsmilie:

The 40D is nice. Now I got to fight off the urge to finally upgrade my trusty 300D :D

Regards,
JK

Status
Not open for further replies.