Items From DD Electronics

I see most of you bought lenses and accessories from them. What about camera bodies? Anyone bought from them before?

Yeah I did. It comes with just the default stuff. No 7D guides or free 8GB CF cards and Bag. This is only for those do doesnt need these things.

For me, those freebies that other shops are giving aren't much of a use to me. I got myself a 32GB 400x Transcend and used my previous camera bag. So in a sense, I saved money on those unnecessary stuff. =)))

yes, they are very friendly. i got my canon 50mm f1.8 from them with 1 year warranty. got mine about $120 after 2% discount by cash. judge for yourself, are you willing to pay $100 for a secondhand lens without warranty? :dunno:

Found a warranty card for Canon EFS 18-200 f3.5-5.6 IS in the kit box, I bought only the body from them have no use for this. Serial no is: 6522xxxx47. Giving it to the lens owner if u are here :angel:

kiama said:
Found a warranty card for Canon EFS 18-200 f3.5-5.6 IS in the kit box, I bought only the body from them have no use for this. Serial no is: 6522xxxx47. Giving it to the lens owner if u are here :angel:

Would be better if you return it to the shop?

Good things come to those who wait? Um, mine's already 1.5mths already leh :sweat: I wanna pressure those guys but seems like not much use also.

Nope, Cathay also doesn't carry GF WhaleTail anymore... :dunno: *shrugs*

so what happens within the 1 year warranty period? IE, do they send the item back to where they imported it from to fix? how long does it usually takes?

anyone has any idea where do you usually get their stocks from?

so what happens within the 1 year warranty period? IE, do they send the item back to where they imported it from to fix? how long does it usually takes?

anyone has any idea where do you usually get their stocks from?

after the 1 year period, you are in the same situation as anyone who buys a lens/camer/etc. with local warranty... i.e. you send it to the principal to service (if it is a Nikon lens, then send it to NSC) and you will be charged.

geraldkhoo said:
after the 1 year period, you are in the same situation as anyone who buys a lens/camer/etc. with local warranty... i.e. you send it to the principal to service (if it is a Nikon lens, then send it to NSC) and you will be charged.

I think cheesy was saying what happens within the 1 year warranty period not after the period.

Last time I spoke to P&G n TCW who also selling grey, told me they also send to NSC during their shop warranty period.

Just called DD to verify, was informed by DD that they have their own technician to take care of it.

Just called DD to verify, was informed by DD that they have their own technician to take care of it.

I dont think so.. they always say like that to make them looks better.. from what i know, most grey imports does this

item spoil, they will sent it back to where the item is being sourced from (as warranty is valid from there) , wait for few weeks for item to be repaired and sent back.. and u get it back

they always say their own technician.. its true for small repairs.. but never for anything that requires the pros in the lab to fix

thats what happen to my laptop in HK last time.. pretty OK as sometimes they use DHL which is pretty fast.. maybe need 3-4 more days as compared to u hving it serviced locally.

Last time I spoke to P&G n TCW who also selling grey, told me they also send to NSC during their shop warranty period.
that would be good right? since they will be covering the cost?

their own technician? hmm.. :think:

I dont think so.. they always say like that to make them looks better.. from what i know, most grey imports does this

item spoil, they will sent it back to where the item is being sourced from (as warranty is valid from there) , wait for few weeks for item to be repaired and sent back.. and u get it back

they always say their own technician.. its true for small repairs.. but never for anything that requires the pros in the lab to fix

thats what happen to my laptop in HK last time.. pretty OK as sometimes they use DHL which is pretty fast.. maybe need 3-4 more days as compared to u hving it serviced locally.
they will send the lens to the place where they source it from which will be covered by their local warranty right?

but shouldn't local warranty also equal to international warranty? :dunno:

they will send the lens to the place where they source it from which will be covered by their local warranty right?

but shouldn't local warranty also equal to international warranty? :dunno:

as far as i know, this is how it works:

when u buy a lens (say canon) with international warranty... u will hv to proof to canon spore that you bought it from the proper channel in another country.. so u show them 1) warranty card of country ABC , 2) the invoice of the shop you bought from country ABC

This is to avoid shops like DD buying in bulk from a country that sells an item cheaper and flood it over to another country.

but when DD bring the faulty item back to country ABC they can claim warranty as they hv warranty card and invoice from there...

TsQ said:

when u buy a lens (say canon) with international warranty... u will hv to proof to canon spore that you bought it from the proper channel in another country.. so u show them 1) warranty card of country ABC , 2) the invoice of the shop you bought from country ABC

This is to avoid shops like DD buying in bulk from a country that sells an item cheaper and flood it over to another country.

but when DD bring the faulty item back to country ABC they can claim warranty as they hv warranty card and invoice from there...

Yes, spot on. This is written in the fine print of ur canon green international warranty card.

As was told, for the first 30 days they are able to send back to their supplier. So consumer are allow to do one to one exchange for defect.

There are few ways that parallel importer can do. It might not be the same as for your laptop.

As I know of are below,

Example local agent sell Japan item A for $1000 with 5 years warranty.

Parallel importer choose to,

1) Buy direct from Japan without warranty for $500.

2) Buy direct from Japan with 30 days warranty for $600.

The parallel importer will bear the warranty themselves after.

Is not suprise if they mention " own technician".

1) Employ own technician

2) Outsource to repair workshop in local

My humble 2 cents.:)

Yes, spot on. This is written in the fine print of ur canon green international warranty card.

how about Nikkor lens? if its under local warranty, it should come with international warranty as well isnt it? :dunno:

As was told, for the first 30 days they are able to send back to their supplier. So consumer are allow to do one to one exchange for defect.

There are few ways that parallel importer can do. It might not be the same as for your laptop.

As I know of are below,

Example local agent sell Japan item A for $1000 with 5 years warranty.

Parallel importer choose to,

1) Buy direct from Japan without warranty for $500.

2) Buy direct from Japan with 30 days warranty for $600.

The parallel importer will bear the warranty themselves after.

Is not suprise if they mention " own technician".

1) Employ own technician

2) Outsource to repair workshop in local

My humble 2 cents.:)

For product that is very fragile.. normally they sent it back to country of origin.. item such as Camcorders, digital camera, lens, .. plus also depends on nature of the problem. If its a cover not working well they will repair it with their own or contracted technician

for DD, they might even bring it to Canon/nikon/etc Singapore to repair and foot the bill if its not costing a lot.

however as the consumer, u hv no say on which way / method they use to repair the item.