Istana Woodneuk Anyone@16/9/06?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm..anyone going there again this weekend?

The light behind the chair, I caught that too. I think it's from the broken roof.

The mansion has severe water seepage problems, I think might be damaging the material. The floor isn't wood, it's just the parquet. The second floor should be safe I hope. Still remember being stuck in the mansion once in heavy rain. The second floor leaked very badly and had to use umbrella in a few places. Also the downpipes are apparently clogged. The balcony was flooded and the room below leaked worse than the second level.

I can almost visualise what it had looked like in the early days...

redstone said:
The light behind the chair, I caught that too. I think it's from the broken roof.

bro have a look at your pic...

Parts of the mansion are unsafe.

Grand staircase: fire spot. Potentially very weak. NEVER climb or stomp on it.
East facade: the far side had been very badly damaged. The wall had partially collapsed and the beam is leaning over. Extremely dangerous as it can collapse any time.

Trust your gut feeling, if it feels 'unsafe' do not enter. I want to make myself think that the prescence of photographers in an forgotten historic place might do it good. As they showcase their work, I hope it'll create greater awareness of the place. I had feedbacked many times to the URA and PMB for action, but no firm reply so far. I suppose it needs a new owner to buy over it so that restoration can be carried out. It is now under SLA holding, a State Property. Had been acquired by govt recently.

Photographers, we document the place, as well as create works of art inside.

hi... i'm interested in this outing... who do i contact? or is it already maxed out?

Sausage, are you going in morning or joining us at 2pm?
Namska, are you joining me ?

(repost)
Hi All,
I am greedy started same thread also at Flickr so ended up now must managed two groups of ppl. Think will limit total no of ppl going to 6(based on gut feel as I never been there b4). Else we may impede each other taking photos.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sg_meet...7594274319885/

List of ppl going 16/9/06 Sat@2pm (limit to six)
1- betazone (cs & flickr)
2- namska (cs )
3- ruel ( cs )
4- cheesecake - tentative (cs)
5- sausage - cs
6- wee_lywee (flickr)

All those going kindly pm me your hp contact, we shall meet at 2pm .
Location to meet to decide later ( any good suggestions ?)

Matt

** Location of meeting : Botanical Garden - Tanglin Gate (the one facing Gleneagles Hospital) **
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?x=26230.575649074&y=32203.3955&star=1&iconlist=star1,26463.5172,32203.3955;&searchcompany=&searchunitno=&searchblock=4&searchstreetname=Napier+Road&searchbuildingname=Gleneagles+Hospital+%26+Medical+Centre&searchpostalcode=258498&searchmasterid=26395&searchbuildingid=12831&level=5
Time to meet : 2pm
Still have one or two vacancy left .

List of ppl going 16/9/06 Sat (limit to six)
2- andrewine (flickr)
3- ruel ( cs )
4- **vacant**
5- **vacant**
6- wee_lywee (flickr)

All those going kindly pm me your hp contact, we shall meet at 2pm .
Guys, pm me if you are going, lots of ppl express interest but none pm me yet
Matt

Seems like most people are from flickr. Anyway I'll be going tomorrow at 9.30 am, if anyone is interested in joining me just leave me a message.

List of ppl going 16/9/06 Sat
2- andrewine (flickr)
3- ruel ( cs )
4- kniveswood (cs & flickr)
5- ngebor (cs)
6- wee_lywee (flickr)
7- kelly (flickr)

Will be going out early tomorrow so won't be checking in this forum again.
Anybody else interested can contact cs member sausage.

Hope everyone have nice pics at end of day ! :)

How was it?
I had some trouble finding it... I ended up at the old french embassy. When I finally got there I was surprised as it was smaller than I thought.. and it seems someone had lighted a small fire outside the building recently.

Sausage said:
How was it?
I had some trouble finding it... I ended up at the old french embassy. When I finally got there I was surprised as it was smaller than I thought.. and it seems someone had lighted a small fire outside the building recently.

Hi Sausage...

We all managed to get there quiet easily... thank to betazone... :thumbsup: and we also met 2 other shooters in location... at around 5pm some of us left, and some who stayed (including me) trapped in house because of heavy rain outside... :( (we catched some pictures though during this heavy rain...)...

What about you? what time did you leave the istana?

Sausage said:
I left before 12. It was creepy to be there alone.. and the floor was wet with gravel and mud.

yeah... i felt "unconfortable" also when i was separated from the group even for a few minutes... :(
Is there any pics from u to share? anybody post their pics in cs? you may take a look mine in here.

Hi Sausage, too bad that you can't join us we really had an enjoyable time....though we don't know each other before......and I as the organiser never even been there before, lucky I never let anyone down....:)

Hi guys... I went there before to recce the place with another friend. My friend did a short film there before (a girl dancing her way in and out of the building in a white dress, if I am not wrong) and this was before the fire. The place had a roof and there were no broken tiles everywhere. The staircase was still intact, and the flooring was still 'untouched'. I guess this short film can be a part of this house's history of how it looked before the fire.

When I went there with him, I saw the difference.

It's sad to see him going on and on about how the place has turned from something beautiful into something that's falling apart and going into beyond recognition. The grand staircase has some steps stomped down/burnt down by the fire, and the place reeks of urine. The roof that covers most of the second floor is gone too.

Where did the fire come from? It's sad to see some people don't appreciate such places with such a rustic charm to it. Singapore is severely lacking such places. All we have are boring looking HDB blocks. I live in one by the way...

Is there any way where we can get the authorities to preserve this place, but let it look the way it does now? Perhaps installing safety-enhancing structures and restoring critical foundation blocks would be good.

I urge all those who come to this place to do shoot to please take care of yourself, your models (if any) and your equipment. Respect the place, respect its occupants, and all will be at peace.

By the way, please be careful when you're near the backdoor (if I'm not wrong the servant's chambers are there) especially when you're alone. It gets very slippery in the rain.

Take away photos and memories, but leave only footprints on the path that leads in and out :)

Are you guys gonna organise anymore outings to such abandoned places? I'd be glad to come along... I heard about the Song Sisters house. Did some research on it and learnt that it's in Grange Road, and that there are 3 houses in the vicinity. Satellite images from Google actually come in handy but I can't seem to find the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.