ISO speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clement Low

Jun 2, 2007
Simei
How do you decide on which iso speed to use? Is there any guideline? Eg iso100 for fireworks
Thanks

Where possible always the lowest with out affecting exposure and getting blurs, be it motion or handshake. thats all.

use the lowest ISO speed whenever is possible, subject to have enough depth of field, handheld speed, flash power or prevent motion blur.

unless you want the grainy or noise effect of the high ISO.

Think of how you want to shoot first. Decide on your aperture and shutter you want to use. If not possible to achieve, boost ISO as last resort.

as a rough guide, i use:

200-daylight
200-with flash unit
400-overcast or indoor wif light
800-ballroom hotel conditions

for me, i try not to go above that

Unless you want noise to appear like film grain, then use higher ISO. :bsmilie:

well it really depends on the other things like shutter and aperture, but usually i'll use:

daylight: 100
indoors with lots of ambient light: 400
flash: 400 or 800
but indoors i generally use 800. there isn't enough noise to worry about.

then again, it's all relative on other conditions...none of those are fixed parameters as such.

are we talking about film or DSLR, on DSLR ISO is consider equivenlent to film, but there are many differnce, b'cos of different media used, always take this in consideration

are we talking about film or DSLR, on DSLR ISO is consider equivenlent to film, but there are many differnce, b'cos of different media used, always take this in consideration

Well, these days, there are advances and the ISO ratings for the DSLRs are beginning to be better than those equiv for film...

Status
Not open for further replies.