iso question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlee12

May 4, 2009
hi! I got a 500d, and i have a few questions here....What would be the advisable settings
for the Customs Functions:

1) Long Exp. Noise Reduction....should i set to on?

2) High ISO Speed noise reduction.....should i set this to Strong?

3) Highlight Tone Priority.....should i set this to Enable? Btw, what is this setting for?

4) Auto Lighting Optimizer......What's this setting for?

Thanks.

Question is, what're you shooting? What type of image you want to achieve?

Basicly high iso NR etc would make the image a bit soft, they all have tradeoffs unless you want your pic to look grainy which is good for some image. Not easy to answer your question.

Doesn't your manual explain these things?

true, it is not easy for your questions to be answered by words.

my advise is, meet up some hobbists here using the system like yours
for some outdoor shoot and you can learn alot faster that way. :)

hi! I got a 500d, and i have a few questions here....What would be the advisable settings

3) Highlight Tone Priority.....should i set this to Enable? Btw, what is this setting for?

Thanks.

Read your manual, then try shots with and without those settings. That'll teach you a lot.

Similar to another member who posted the same title thread. Do not see each function as a function but rather what it does to your photo. It is not about simply turning them highs and lows, it is what you expect out of their processing.

What you should do is, start shooting in raw format and use DPP to process it. DPP has most of the answers. Then transfer that expectation into in-camera processing setting.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.