Is this worth investing for newbie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to New York this month. I can pick it up from my hotel.

But need to know if this is worth buying first :)

I am going to New York this month. I can pick it up from my hotel.

But need to know if this is worth buying first :)

the package includes:

* You Get It All - Opteka .45x High Definition² Professional Wide Angle Lens,
* Opteka 2.2x High Definition² Professional Telephoto Lens,
* Opteka High Definition² Pro Filter Kit (UV, Circular Polarizer, FL-D),
* Opteka Tabletop Tripod and 5 Piece Camera & Lens Cleaning Kit,
* 53" Deluxe Professional Video/Camera Tripod, and Samsonite Deluxe Carry-All Camera Case

costs 89.95 usd.

the wa and telephoto add-ons are useful, ONLY if the quality is reasonable. i 'm not sure about the brand, but if you want something to compare it to, check out raynox.
filter kit is also at the very least, useful.
the tabletop tripod is not very useful, only if you like to take shots of products on your table, i suppose. i cannot really think of anything a table tripod would be better at doing than a normal good tripod.

the tripod given as depicted is not a good one. you should probably get a better one like slik sprint pro from cathay. costs more, but does the job better. not that expensive either. cleaning kit is fine, but not a must - i prefer to buy kits separately, i.e. just blower and microfibre cloth.

you still don't have a case?

in short - you only need 3 out of the 5 items, and the rest are either better bought separately or not bought at all.

i found a few general reviews on opteka lens on the net;

link
picture taken with WA
specific review

it seems like the quality offered is very inferior. i think you should not buy this. if you must invest, invest in something better, rather than a lot of cheap (and inferior, since not all cheap stuff is inferior) things that you will find a pain to use eventually.

One simple and direct answer, no. :)

find something better and worth to keep.
All digital compact cameras aren't worth the investment(including DSLR body).
Go try out the camera in the local shop and see which 1 is comfortable for you with the picture quality you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.