Is this normal?

0.0 hey neighbour :D~

This is not normal even if there is the typical corner sharpness problem with all compact cameras.

I have a canon Ixus 40, and at wide angle 35mm, it has only slight softness at the 4 corners. Even if I don't like the softness, I can still crop a little bit off the 4 sides and still get a good photo.

For your case, the softness has invaded too much into the photo at the right hand corner, more than the other 3 corners, and this is unacceptable. :nono:

I have no idea why someone can say this is normal and accept the result as it is. How to take photo with this kind of defect?:nono: Unless you treat it as a "lensbaby" effect.:bsmilie:

Go and get it fixed at Canon.

This is not normal even if there is the typical corner sharpness problem with all compact cameras.

I have a canon Ixus 40, and at wide angle 35mm, it has only slight softness at the 4 corners. Even if I don't like the softness, I can still crop a little bit off the 4 sides and still get a good photo.

For your case, the softness has invaded too much into the photo at the right hand corner, more than the other 3 corners, and this is unacceptable. :nono:

I have no idea why someone can say this is normal and accept the result as it is. How to take photo with this kind of defect?:nono: Unless you treat it as a "lensbaby" effect.:bsmilie:

Go and get it fixed at Canon.

How many MP is Ixus40? How many MP are modern day cameras? Any imperfection on a 4MP photo will be magnified many times on a 12MP photo.

How many MP is Ixus40? How many MP are modern day cameras? Any imperfection on a 4MP photo will be magnified many times on a 12MP photo.

Do you think it makes any difference when view at the same size in the web when the monitor display is only 72 dpi?

A lens flaw is a lens flaw, no matter whether it is a 4 Mp or 12 Mp camera. Just like you use a lensbaby on a dslr; Does it make any difference in the amount of 'blur' between a 6 Mp & 12 Mp camera?

We wouldn't know if it was a lens issue until TS bring the camera down for a check in the CSC. It might be normal for some people and adnormal for others, depending on everyone's expectation.

Like I have mentioned before, if you find it of a issue, give CSC a call and have your camera serviced, then hear what the CSC had to say.

Thanks for all your help guys! I'll send my camera to CSC to check! Meantime, anyone has this camera? maybe can compare?

after looking at the pictures, some of the photos, their corners are also blur. Maybe those are the photo that is taken at wide angle(28mm) ???