Is this market standard / out of courtesy?

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
Hi all

I'm sure there are plenty of photographers who engaged model on paid basis for shoots privately. This is not related to organized group shoot.

When you pay the model for shoot, are you still:

Obligated to give your edited photos to him/her?
How many do u give if it's yes?

Is it out of market standard or based on mutual agreement?

This is my curiosity if I intend to engage any.

No need to give, if she want she can go right click save the low res ones when and if you post.

Unless she's paid dirt cheap, then maybe.

Hi all

I'm sure there are plenty of photographers who engaged model on paid basis for shoots privately. This is not related to organized group shoot.

When you pay the model for shoot, are you still:

Obligated to give your edited photos to him/her?
How many do u give if it's yes?

Is it out of market standard or based on mutual agreement?

This is my curiosity if I intend to engage any.

well, is this to be part of a model release form? Because I came across none of such sample forms online that stated about pics given.
I suppose it will be market rate as I intend to engage one and the rate was like market standard.

btw thanks

No, when you hired her to pose, the compensation to her is monetary, you own the rights of the images, you need not to give any images.

but both parties can negotiate the compensation term is in (lesser) money plus (some) photos. even in term, the rights of the images is still belong to you.

it is very important to spell out everything before you click.

well, is this to be part of a model release form? Because I came across none of such sample forms online that stated about pics given.
I suppose it will be market rate as I intend to engage one and the rate was like market standard.

btw thanks
do you know what is the model release form for and do you really need a model release form to be sign for what you need?

do you know what is the model release form for and do you really need a model release form to be sign for what you need?

well, from what I understand is if the photos taken will be used commercially or for personal gain (say a website). And from some US sites, it was advised that a model release form should always be prep in case of legal concern.

correct me if I understand it wrongly. :)

No need to give photo if your hiring.

If you pay and still give photo, the model will treat you like another goondoo with a camera hobby.

Singapore Xmm 'models' are too pampered due to huge amount of photohobbyist trying to play pro or date girls. So if your considering a serious shoot for business or skill advancement you need to choose carefully.

You don't need model release in Singapore, its a US thing, but it's good to have if you wanna sell as stock to US stock agencies.

No need to give photo if your hiring.

If you pay and still give photo, the model will treat you like another goondoo with a camera hobby.

Singapore Xmm 'models' are too pampered due to huge amount of photohobbyist trying to play pro or date girls. So if your considering a serious shoot for business or skill advancement you need to choose carefully.

You don't need model release in Singapore, its a US thing, but it's good to have if you wanna sell as stock to US stock agencies.

ok. i see. ya, i find illogical to give photos still when I have to pay to hire them.
I am already bored with joining shoots on xmm and fighting to shoot with others. :)

thanks again.

yes, Bro Jason is right,

you don't really need a model release in SG,
and if you ask them to sign a model release, either they run far far away or asking for Xtra $$

ask only you sure you will need one.

alright, thanks catchlight.

And why pay for xmm who think only they got a cute face (some don't even have any qualities) and don't even qualify as MODELS! Offer to shoot your own friends and I believe they will obliged willingly.