is there such a thing as a mini softbox for hand-held flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
harlo! wonder if anyone can help me? i read online that there are such a thing as a mini softbox that i can attach to the hand-held flashes. wonder if anyone sells it in singapore? was thinking of getting one for my sigma 500DG. i'm currently using a stofen omnibounce on my flash, but want to see if i can further diffuse my flash lighting when taking pictures.

thanks! :D

Lumiquest makes a mini softbox that is compatible with Sigma EF500 series flashes.

www.lumiquest.com

Yup, Lumiquest got one. CP got sell, costed me $50 or so. :(
It is basically a plastic softbox attached to the flash with velcro.

http://www.lumiquest.com/lq925.htm

Seriously speaking, it is just an extremely overpriced piece of plastic s*** with limited effect. Unless you are using a 35mm (35mm terms) to shoot close up portraits, in case you like that kind of perspective. Better just get an umbrella with a flash bracket, can fold up to save space also what.

any other similar products out there?

the reason why i want to buy a mini soft box is that it saves me the hassle of carrying or buying a lights setup, even tho the effects are better. my omni bounce, while sufficient, still produces a bit too harsh a shadow for my liking.

but, thanks for all the advice! :bsmilie: will go and check out CP abt their prices.

photoflex

onCamera.jpg

this one looks like a balloon... saw it in action in a wedding
maybe you will like to chk out as well

Status
Not open for further replies.