Is there any photographer still using cannon 20D

joe

Feb 23, 2003
singapore
Visit site
Hi there,any bro out there still using cannon 20D.Thats include 2nd hand cannon 20D.:)
I would like to know the present not the pass.

Last edited:
My young daughter is using it.

I'm still using it. Still produce good qualities images with prime lenses.

TS: Also your 20D should have the label 'Canon' ... it's camera, not a gun.

I'm still using a Canon body released just a few months after the 20D was release, still going strong. The 20D was my first Canon camera too.

Same here - got a working 10D even. Basically not worth selling so might as well keep - still works perfectly fine!

Still using, 20D was made for heavy duty usage, the shutter can easily last 100,000 to 150,000 shots. :)

Still using, 20D was made for heavy duty usage, the shutter can easily last 100,000 to 150,000 shots. :)

I do not know my shutter count, but was my 1st digital DSLR since early 2005. How do we check the shutter count on 20D?

I do not know my shutter count, but was my 1st digital DSLR since early 2005. How do we check the shutter count on 20D?

From the folder name/number will tell the number of shutter count, it is not accurate but a rough count. For 20D, I do not kown any software can read the information. I was told CSC can provide the service. :)

Just used my friend's 10D the other day. Felt so robust and nice in your hand, totally unlike the newer Rebels

Rebels are very basic models, for you to start at the bottom of the ladder. As you go up the ladder, the build also feels different. At the top, the 1D series will feel very solid.

Using both a Rebel as well as a semi-pro body (50D).

From the folder name/number will tell the number of shutter count, it is not accurate but a rough count. For 20D, I do not kown any software can read the information. I was told CSC can provide the service. :)
The folder / file name is easily changed. Also, the file name has only 4 digits, how do you determine how many times the file 'img9999.ext' has been written? Just recently I met somebody who believed in a shutter count of close to 9k based on file name. EOS Info showed 19k instead ...
For cameras with Digic III and IV processors the tool EOS Info can help. Just plug the cam with USB to any computer (Windows) an start the tool. All earlier cameras (and 20D belongs to that group) need a verification by CSC.

The folder / file name is easily changed. Also, the file name has only 4 digits, how do you determine how many times the file 'img9999.ext' has been written? Just recently I met somebody who believed in a shutter count of close to 9k based on file name. EOS Info showed 19k instead ...
For cameras with Digic III and IV processors the tool EOS Info can help. Just plug the cam with USB to any computer (Windows) an start the tool. All earlier cameras (and 20D belongs to that group) need a verification by CSC.

I had two 20D and I know how the system work. When the picture number is 'IMG_9999.JPG' the following picture number is "IMG_0001.jpg" and the folder number increase by one for example 105CANON increase to 106CANON. The numbering system will continue from there. But if you insert another CF card with different folder number, it might change the folder number (depend on the folder number < or > which I was not too sure) to the new CF card. When this happen, I changed the folder number to the old folder number by using computer. If this do not help just count the photo store in the HD, if no photo were deleted.

If this do not help just count the photo store in the HD, if no photo were deleted.
Would not work for me .. I delete whatever does not work, sometimes on the spot or latest after review on computer. Also, during import the sorting is changed (I sort into folders by date). Since there are so many factors here it is really the best to have either EOS Info or CSC, especially when it comes to B&S.

Would not work for me .. I delete whatever does not work, sometimes on the spot or latest after review on computer. Also, during import the sorting is changed (I sort into folders by date). Since there are so many factors here it is really the best to have either EOS Info or CSC, especially when it comes to B&S.

In your case, CSC will be the only option when B&S is concern.