Is the iBook G4 a good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wai said:
actually cheaper if u buy a 80GB yourself, and pay $70 for apple service center to change for u

then the 30GB can use as portable hard disk, just need to get a firewire/usb casing

btw, unlike powerbook, u cannnot change ibook hard disk yourself or u will void warranty

i just changed mine to a 80GB 5400rpm with 8MB cache + 1.25GB RAM..so much smoother esp if u run tiger

6if9sj.png
6if9tl.png

Yep Wai is right. After upgrade to TIGER, it zooms much faster! Signal Strength on the wireless is increase as well. Starting time is faster too. Plus you have Safari RSS (not supported on all website but Clubsnap has RSS! Yahoo)

Even working on CS2 is relatively faster too! Only Nikon Capture and Viewer is still slow....sad to say as it sucks up plenty of RAM juice.

Just imagine if you use it on a Powerbook!!! If you have the bucks to bang.....at least get the Powerbook 12 inch. Now me thinking of getting rid of my 14inch and get a 15inch PB.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pro Image said:
Big diff on RAM PRICES!!

512MB = $160-$180

1GB = $450-$500

Pro Image,
where can u find 512MB RAM that cost $160 - $180? I also want to buy.

and how do u search for photos stored in iPhoto, using photoshop? i have to open iPhoto, copy onto desktop or drag into photoshop.
Very tedious. :(

Can picasa2 work on mac?

iPhoto stores the images under "Pictures", double click on the "Macintohs HD" then select Pictures, select iPhoto Library and go further, will find the images.

Thus one reason I prefer to use Nikon View instead.

espn said:
iPhoto stores the images under "Pictures", double click on the "Macintohs HD" then select Pictures, select iPhoto Library and go further, will find the images.

I dont like iphoto too, except the cool and nice effect for the slideshow :p

Wai said:
yahoo auction? i got mine for $120 and i use it for my gf laptop
will it be covered under warranty?

i was quoted $250 for 512MB RAM.

Wai said:
I dont like iphoto too, except the cool and nice effect for the slideshow :p

then what u use and where to get the software?
new mac user. still very blur. :(

DTan said:
will it be covered under warranty?

i was quoted $250 for 512MB RAM.

depends which brand u buy...mine is kingston and still got receipt, and it got life time warranty so i am not worry to get used ram

make sure the seller let u test the ram on the spot before you pay...in case of incompatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.