Is the EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS suitable for the EOS 5D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

since63

Nov 18, 2005
Hi,

Does anyone has any comments or pixs to share with regards to the mentioned glass? Understand that the FF EOS 5D pushed some of the Canon lenses to its limit or beyond. How compatible is this lens with the 5D?

Also notice that there's been quite alot of this lens selling in the 2nd mkt. :think:

Thanks.

its FF so you get back the same focal lengths

unless u want to split hairs over image quality then get L lense for 5D

since63 said:
Hi,

Does anyone has any comments or pixs to share with regards to the mentioned glass? Understand that the FF EOS 5D pushed some of the Canon lenses to its limit or beyond. How compatible is this lens with the 5D?

Also notice that there's been quite alot of this lens selling in the 2nd mkt. :think:

Thanks.

Try www.fredmiranda.com/Google for reviews etc.

As long as the lens is an EF mount, it should work on the 5D. Although I would like to think that lenses, once used on full frame/film bodies, their weaknesses would tend to show so if you're worried about quality, go get yourself some "better" lenses.

The 28-135 has an inherent zoom creep problem. Some people sell it and buy a new set.

What kinda "zoom creep problem"?
I have this lens too... :confused:

n0d3 said:

As long as the lens is an EF mount, it should work on the 5D. Although I would like to think that lenses, once used on full frame/film bodies, their weaknesses would tend to show so if you're worried about quality, go get yourself some "better" lenses.

The 28-135 has an inherent zoom creep problem. Some people sell it and buy a new set.

user111 said:
its FF so you get back the same focal lengths

unless u want to split hairs over image quality then get L lense for 5D

EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM.... it cost a bomb and there's some forum discussion that says its limitation! Will check out more on the 28-135. Thanks for your comments.

n0d3 said:

Got the same question...what's the inherent zoom creep problem? Do you know of ppl who sell off the "problem" 28-135 and buy another new one of the same focal length? Thanks for your link!

Its a good lens and relatively cheap with good range (only lacking a little on the wide end for me). This lens extends physically when you use the zoom. If you are pointing the lens downwards or upwards the extended lens barrel will slide, changing your focal length. This is more problematic when you mount the camera on the tripod. No problems for handholding since you would be holding the lens barrel anyway.

So this is the creep zoom problem? Ok, still manageable imo. :)

Kit said:
Its a good lens and relatively cheap with good range (only lacking a little on the wide end for me). This lens extends physically when you use the zoom. If you are pointing the lens downwards or upwards the extended lens barrel will slide, changing your focal length. This is more problematic when you mount the camera on the tripod. No problems for handholding since you would be holding the lens barrel anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.