Is the ballhead screw mount for tripod standard? ie, all ballhead will fit?

blackwire

Feb 21, 2011
Hi,

i am very new to photography and got myself a Gitzo Cremaillere 3. Need to get a ballhead and wonder whether are all the screw mount standard and does all ballhead fit the tripod?

Find that the tripod is quite heavy. Heavy = Sturdy? Cant seems to find any reviews on the tripod, seems like a very old model. All guys wanna share their comments on this?

Hi,

i am very new to photography and got myself a Gitzo Cremaillere 3. Need to get a ballhead and wonder whether are all the screw mount standard and does all ballhead fit the tripod?

Find that the tripod is quite heavy. Heavy = Sturdy? Cant seems to find any reviews on the tripod, seems like a very old model. All guys wanna share their comments on this?

As long as the tripod screw is 3/8"-16tpi BSWit should be okay.

Last edited:
Hi,

Tripod male screwhead to mount the Tripodhead come in 2 sizes: either 3/8" or 1/4" A reducing bushing or an adapter is required if the female mount of the tripodhead dont match the tripod.