is Sirui tripod durable?

Looking at cost you probably can't expect it to be as good / durable as eg Gitzo tripods.

However for their prices I think they are great value, with great support from the main distributor TK Foto in Plaza Singapura. I have used my Sirui T1005X for many years, haven't failed me in most conditions, and when some pieces for the leg anti-rotation system (don't know the specific name for it apologies), after few years of use, were not working well TK Foto replaced them for me free.

T025X and C10s are both a bit small, you might want to consider a bigger tripod if you have big lenses or are tall. If not they are really lightweight and compact for travelling. Do test it out at the shop with your heaviest set up

Thanks

Meant for everyday and travel use, thus wanted something small, light and durable

I had the same tripod u listed, its pretty sufficient for travel use and decently sturdy but do be careful of the maximum load , and make sure u load the bottom of it when its being used as this tripod is relatively light. I almost had a camera fall once when a passer-by knocked on it.

Been using it at work for a little over a year now, stable enough so long as your setup isn't too heavy. If it is then slinging your backpack underneath works well to give it a little more stability. Handles a 7D and 100mm macro alright.

Quality wise it's probably quite good, dropped and stepped on by fellow colleagues but so far nothing has broken yet.

I do wonder though if the aluminium version (T-005x) is as good though. Anyone has given the aluminum version a go before?

Thanks keithwee and pwnies5600 for the comments and advise.

I had bought the tripod and used it once locally. Hoping to get used to it before its maiden overseas trip in May.

It is indeed very light. :)

Just remember to hang your bag on the hook in the middle of the tripod as a weight to make it more sturdy. 6 years of warranty is worth the money spent.

Used to recommend sirui tripod to friends till this brand "leofoto" become available in singapore .

It's heavens and earth after you try it . Love the ranger series of leofoto to the max . Compare to sirui , the quality is better and price almost the same .