Is reversing ring the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecube4u

Jan 17, 2005
Putting a 50 mm 1.8 reversed in front of a Tamron 90 mm - that's what i am trying to do to get a better magnification but at a lower cost. Extension tubes are expensive.

But i can't find a shop that carries this stuff?
Any suggestions?

Extension tubes are expensive.

MF extension tube are not very expensive if u ask me. Tagotech has them. but bear in mind, from your another thread, someone did mention that your DOF will be very shallow.

the longer the tube is, the more light u loss.

BTW I suggest you keep your question in one thread regarding increasing magnification.

Putting a 50 mm 1.8 reversed in front of a Tamron 90 mm - that's what i am trying to do to get a better magnification but at a lower cost. Extension tubes are expensive.

Any suggestions?

Tagotech sells coupling rings :)

Sth to note though. Attaching your 50 prime to your tamron 90mm will give you such high power magnification, it can be likened to using a microscope :bsmilie:

When i attached my 50 prime to my Sigma 105mm macro lens, my maximum focusing distance was slightly around 5cm :sweat:

If I remmember correctly, mounting a 50mm prime with reverse ring to a Sigma 105mm lens on the cam body will give a magnification of 105/50=>2.1X.
For TS you may need to get a 55->58 step-up ring to be used together with a 58-52 reverse ring to mount the 2 lenses you mentioned. Tagotech sells these items.

Any suggestions?

just reverse your 50/1,8 90/2.8 or 28/2.8 will do, for 28/2.8 is about 9x

if you want 2 lens, what you need is a m-m ring
one lens only you need a reverse mount adapter + a m-m ring
or a macro tube + a m-m ring

the m-m ring thread will depend on the lens you are using

Put a 24 in front of the 90... you'd have higher magnification then.

Thanks everyone for your reply.....
Manage to get a 55 - 52 step down ring and then attached a 52-52 ring in front of it.
The 90 mm Tamron plus 50 mm was quiet fine. Although....one's gotta have a bright light source and a tony amount of shake ca throw the pic ofcourse. But it works.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.