Is photographic vest still relevant in the digital age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than for holding memory cards and excess batteries, are the photographic vests still relevant in today's digital camera users' arsenal?

What's your (both digital and film users are welcome) opinion on this?

Sidetrack: Anyone knows what is the new price of a Nikon vest? Saw one at Cathay Photo and really tempted to buy but been noticing the vest been there on display for so long.

crazypaladin said:
Other than for holding memory cards and excess batteries, are the photographic vests still relevant in today's digital camera users' arsenal?

What's your (both digital and film users are welcome) opinion on this?

Sidetrack: Anyone knows what is the new price of a Nikon vest? Saw one at Cathay Photo and really tempted to buy but been noticing the vest been there on display for so long.

The CP one they are asking for $49. Way too ex. Go to next door Peninsula Hotel and you can get it for $30-35 depending on your bargaining skills. Try the 1st storey electronics shop, i forgot the name but it's brightly lit. From Ruby foto, walk straight ahead passing Spinelli on your right side (not towards The Camera Workshop side).

Nah what, i am using vest for my shoots, can put lots of things like flash, batteries, CFs. Lens cannot put, i put into the lens pouch hanging off the belt. :) I shoot digital mainly.

...have one bought from CP. Yes, retailing @ close to $50 (Nikon) but approach the staff there, mention some names, smile and you can get it dropped to around $30+.

I love it but...sadly, my wife doesn't :( . Apparently it clashes with my entire wardrobe completely. But it is EXTREMELY practical and,yes, I wear the NIKON logo with pride. :D

vest, very out of fashion long time ago.

last time Han Solo wears it in the 70s, 80s nowadays Anakin won't be caught dead wearing it.

Belle&Sebastain said:
vest, very out of fashion long time ago.

last time Han Solo wears it in the 70s, 80s nowadays Anakin won't be caught dead wearing it.
:bsmilie: HAN SOLO,,hahahahahah,,,,and must wear the pants with the gold stripe,, then ask princess Leya to pose for you... :bsmilie:

Lens pouch, my sigma lenses come with it lar......they are those hard pouches. Gets a bit in the way sometimes buy better than if you carry a small sling bag or what.

The Nikon vest still looks low profile, my wife likes it....and it's quite practical during shoots like weddings where you need the standby fast. I used to have a lowepro AW25 by my side and it was worse. You go see the domke ones (or even Safrotto ones at TCW) and they are much bulkier and obiang. ;p

Either you use a vest or you can use a hip pouch lor. You can still see pros using.... http://www.sportsshooter.com/pix/specialGallery/0704/580070504135933.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.