Is Olympus E500 good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E500. Unless you need ruggedness and will be buying a second body in the future, the E500 is extremely good. Since you have already bought the E500, this is a moot point.

Hi guys, does anybody know how much could cost the E500 in Singapore?
Thanks a lot in advance

Sergio said:
Hi guys, does anybody know how much could cost the E500 in Singapore?
Thanks a lot in advance

my friend get E-500 2 months ago; about 1.5k~1.59k with dual lens kit, 1gb kingston pro lite,
two tokina UV filter...:think: The price should be lower than that now:think:

Cliffy said:
I got mine for 1599, with tons of free gifts, lol. From Cathay.

Tons of free gifts.....:bigeyes: So good......;)

Cliffy said:
I got mine for 1599, with tons of free gifts, lol. From Cathay.

can list down ?;p

Cliffy said:
okay, maybe not tons, lol
40gig external hardisk
card reader
1gig cf card
tripod

that was few weeks back, not sure about now...

Hows the hardisk?? ;)

Cliffy said:
40gig external hardisk
card reader
1gig cf card
tripod

don't have Lowepro bag ; UV filter ?:think:

Cliffy said:
40gig external hardisk
card reader
1gig cf card
tripod

:thumbsup: Lucky you, I payed 1663SGD (in Swedish currency) for my E-500 with only 512MB Sandisk Ultra II, LBH-1, BLM-1, BCM-2 charger, and the useless Oly camera bag... and I thought I made a good deal. Actually, it was a very good deal, considering prices in Sweden. Had to pay extra for Extreme III, card reader, UV-filter, Polarizing filter, MF-1, Lowepro Stealth Reporter D100 AW bag. :sweat:

BTW, which external HD did you get? I am still looking, :bigeyes: considering and waiting for prices to drop.

OlyFlyer said:
:thumbsup: Lucky you, I payed 1663SGD (in Swedish currency) for my E-500 with only 512MB Sandisk Ultra II, LBH-1, BLM-1, BCM-2 charger, and the useless Oly camera bag... and I thought I made a good deal. Actually, it was a very good deal, considering prices in Sweden. Had to pay extra for Extreme III, card reader, UV-filter, Polarizing filter, MF-1, Lowepro Stealth Reporter D100 AW bag. :sweat:

BTW, which external HD did you get? I am still looking, :bigeyes: considering and waiting for prices to drop.

Yours was actually a good deal at the time, the E-500 sold for SGD1800 two months ago here.
And yeah, the bag is actually quite useless(I chose the shop that gave the HD instead of the one with the free bag)

yeah, its the HD that u2nofear pointed.

@u2nofear, yea, thats all, the IT Show 2006 had the most free gifts.lol

@stanly, haven't tried yet, hehe.

Cliffy said:
Yours was actually a good deal at the time, the E-500 sold for SGD1800 two months ago here.
Actually, you still can't get it cheaper in Sweden, and I think it is not easy elswhere eigther, internet included. Maybe Singapore is a place to go, but I was looking at internet prices there also, and actually, when shipping and everything else around is payed would have made it more expensive.

Cliffy said:
And yeah, the bag is actually quite useless(I chose the shop that gave the HD instead of the one with the free bag)
The bag was a real dissapointment. I don't understand how Oly could come up with such a stupid bag. Never used, probably never will. Unfortunatly it is probably also impossible to sell. If I have seen the bag before ordering the package, I would have requested a price reduction in exchange, however small that could have been.

Cliffy said:
yeah, its the HD that u2nofear pointed.
I will buy one with CF reader, battery driven. Unfortunatly the one u2nofear is offering does not have that.

Thanks a lot everybody!!!

I realise that the price there is not much cheaper than Spain, just 100€ less. So I rather bought it here. :nono:
Cheers guys!

Sergio said:
Thanks a lot everybody!!!

I realise that the price there is not much cheaper than Spain, just 100€ less. So I rather bought it here. :nono:
Cheers guys!
Well, 100€ is a lot of money for me, but I agree, support your local dealer! That's what I did, here in Sweden. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.