Is Kodak CX7430 gd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3csl

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
My fren is considering the CX7430 is it gd? The papers advertise selling for $350 with free 256 SD Card.

That will depend on what is your definition of "good" :), everyone has different need.

Never used this before so I can't comment.

But generally speaking if your friend is looking for a P&S and printing mostly 4R, I'd dare to say that most major brand today can do a decent job in term of picture quality. It sort of boils down to what sort of ergonomic and interface do you prefer.

Personally, I like Canon, Nikon and Sony for P&S, but that is just my personal taste. :)

Thks for the reply. Hmm i think he wants a camera that can take indoor/dark pics well, records clips w sounds and a compact size under 400.

Daniel Nielson said:
That will depend on what is your definition of "good" :), everyone has different need.

Never used this before so I can't comment.

But generally speaking if your friend is looking for a P&S and printing mostly 4R, I'd dare to say that most major brand today can do a decent job in term of picture quality. It sort of boils down to what sort of ergonomic and interface do you prefer.

Personally, I like Canon, Nikon and Sony for P&S, but that is just my personal taste. :)

I think to take good picture indoor or at dark places, what you need is a powerful flash, which is unlikely to be achieved with pocket sized P&S.

However, if your friend are just taking group photos in party may be it is fine, those flash normally is effective upto about 4 m at lowest ISO setting. If underexposed may be can push up the exposure compensation a bit. So in a way, taking pictures is knowing what your equipment can or can not do.

Under 400 seems like he does not have many choice. But for low light shooting get one with AF lamp(a red light that helps the cam forcus), it makes a big differences. Also get one that that will gain up in low light, it is IMPORTANT! How will you frame your shots with a black screen? Esp some cam does not have viewfinder. Can look at Oly or Kodak for under $400. If he can afford alittle more I would recommend Sony W5. I am using W1 and find it good personally.

Thanks for the replies! Sony W5 ok, i go ask my fren.

I saw the papers Canon A510 going at $450, do u think its worth it? Read reviews most r mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.