Is it worth to still get a LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
the price to be paid on GF1 doesnt end at 2x or 3x that of an LX3.

it's like an SLR, after the body, you WILL pay for 2nd lens, 3rd lens.... blah blah blah....

LX3... hmmm... forcing me to stop more damages to my pocket. just my 2cents when talking about cost.

I use LX3 for general photo taking: good sunlight, compact, too lazy (or situation doesnt allow to change lens)...
when look for way better bokeh, AF speed.... will use my dSLR.

most importantly, use ones that make you feel happy and help you capture what you want :)

cheers.

As long as you feel your current P&S cameras are mediocre you might want to get one LX3. I don't think anyone looking for DSLR will ask such question.

Of course worth it la. I'm buying one myself. LX3 will be a classic... still good for the next few years. LX4 will have a very big shoe to fill.

GF1 is different from lx3 la. GF1 is m3/4, lx3 is pns. If you're looking for image quality, of course GF1 is much better. LX3 cannot touch it liao. For me, I will have the LX3 to compliment my canon 40D. I cannot afford the GF1 lol. GF1 is very, very tempting... but again, I cannot afford it

Last edited:
Stocks for LX3 are still hard to get.

hahah yah i was referring to you. =)

I set my mind on getting a LX3 after marvelling at its performance and pictures it can deliver on the forum, given its compact size.

Until I saw GF1. Then I wasn't so sure anymore.

Firstly, I'm quite superficial (I think most girls are anyway. That's what caught my eye first for LX3 too ahhahaha), so i was sold when i saw the GF1 in white. But that means i have to burn a bigger hole in my pocket. So i'm just not sure if it's worth the price or maybe I should just settle with the more affordable lx3. Then again, GF1 just seems too awesome not to have. And it doesn't look bulky to carry around. That's my second criteria. My PnS has died. About time anyway cos i bought it like 4 years ago or something. And it looks fun to play around wihout the hassle of carrying my dslr.

Hmmm. Desicions. Desicions. Desicions.

Hi, Thks for the clarification;)

Yes, the white of GF1 is indeed :heart:ly.

But there's a tendency of "add-on" like more lenses, etc which incurred more $M$ in the end, yah??

Btw, do consider carefully before parting your precious $M$ on maybe...LX3...hmm...or...GF1...hmm...or perhaps...:eek:...Aiyo which one huh.....hahaha...:bsmilie:

Anyway, best of luck to your Decisions-making, yah;)

Last edited:
If I was to do this again, I wouldn't get the LX3 as there is basically no zoom.

IMO, the only thing for me to hesitate is that we cannot zoom during movie recording. Of course this seems to be the least important thing to many photographer. However, to me, this is good to have, since LX3 build with the ability of recording HD video, but too bad cannot zoom while recording.

WORTH!!!! :D i'll be getting one soon!
But i've checked a few stores and they're not available :(
gonna go hunting at far east later.

i'm curious~ why LX3 keeps going out of stock now?

WORTH!!!! :D i'll be getting one soon!
But i've checked a few stores and they're not available :(
gonna go hunting at far east later.

i'm curious~ why LX3 keeps going out of stock now?

Cos replacement model coming out?

Dont about the rest of the guys... I am so loveing this Lx3... :)

Here some macro taken with Raynox msn 202.

Photo no stacking just basic adjusting of level and sharpening is done to the lowest level...

3897212553_c29bb5e00a_o.jpg

3891934197_0f15c420fe_o.jpg

3892715138_6da0b03021_o.jpg

Until the reviews of the upcoming models are out like the Canon S90, the final IQ worth is unknown. If you need a camera now, LX3 or DLux4 will be fine.

For instance, from the sample pic of Fujifilm F70EXR is pretty bad even at iso100.

close one eye, GO for GF1. ;)

eh friend, bigger sensor needs more space...

okie lah.. just like no one expects 10x optical zoom to be so small factor like F70EXR ;) more innovative engineering designs please

If I was to do this again, I wouldn't get the LX3 as there is basically no zoom.

that's why i din buy LX3... no zoom is a major turn off for me.. ;)

ok la... i shall bear with it for a while and wait for review from those who went for hands on session..

Status
Not open for further replies.