Is it wise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy2978

Mar 30, 2003
Central
Visit site
Is it wise to bring my SLR to the beach?

Cos some frens told me tt the hot sun will damage the system....is tt true?:confused:

Originally posted by roy2978

Cos some frens told me tt the hot sun will damage the system....is tt true?:confused:

forgot if this is true or not, but excessive shots of the sun on a hot day might kill your metering... (PLEASE CORRECT THIS IF WRONG! HOPE IT"S WRONG!)

but I think volleyballs and trees-while-watching-bikinis are more hazardous to your camera... ;)

bought my SLR n lens to a beach before ... the sand got into the lens , making it difficult to rotate the lens while trying to zoom .. fortunately got the sand out by shaking the lens ... wont dare to bring to beach again though ... ~~

Use your camera...snap pictures while you on the beach. Just use your common sense and be cautious, your camera will survive. What the point of having good camera if you just keep it at home and afraid to take it out. The camera is replaceable but the pictures from your camera are priceless.

It is the photographer's responsibility to protect and care for his equipment.

If you are the careful sort, you will take extra precautions in transporting your equipment to areas where there are sand and high heat.

If photographers in the desert can shoot and the temperature is hotter than Singapore. I don't think Singapore is any sandier or hotter than that.

If you are worried about the heat, I would suggest that you do not expose your camera to the sun for long periods.

Keep it in your camera bag, when you want to shoot, take it out shoot and then replace it inside the bag when not using.

If you wear your DSLR on a strap around your neck and walk around the entire day, of course the heat over the extended period is not so good for the DSLR or the lens.

Keeping a cleaning kit and blower brush with you may be a good idea and careful handling plus cleaning will keep dust and dirt away from the sensitive parts of the camera.

Originally posted by denizenx

but I think volleyballs and trees-while-watching-bikinis are more hazardous to your camera... ;)

I think being caught taking pictures of other people's g/f in bikinis by their burly b/f is more hazardous to both you and your camera then the above.

:D

thks everyone for the precious advice......

my decision would be bring my nikon point to shoot 35 mm cam instead of my slr. Too timid to bring it along. hee hee....:D

Originally posted by roy2978

my camera being to many beaches ... just bring a towel and wrap it ... to prevent hot sun from shining thr and of course water !!

however, dun get caught in the sands !! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.