is it safe to use NB-5L compatible battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionkings

Apr 13, 2009
Need a spare Canon NB-5L battery for coming Europe trip . The compatible NB-5L battery is selling around S$12 at Ebay compare to original(4 to 5 times higher). Is it safe to use in my Ixus 870IS ? any user feedback on this compatible NB-5L battery, thanks!

Need a spare Canon NB-5L battery for coming Europe trip . The compatible NB-5L battery is selling around S$12 at Ebay compare to original(4 to 5 times higher). Is it safe to use in my Ixus 870IS ? any user feedback on this compatible NB-5L battery, thanks!
I prefer to use AA cameras for overseas trips as AA batteries are sold just about everywhere.

to answer your question, it depends on the battery manufacturer. Some work well but die fast...some when die will leak and so on. You want peace of mind, buy original. If you know what you are doing then by all means get the oem model. There should be 870IS users in this forum...wait a while.

my spare digicam Canon S1 IS(still working) is using AA batteries but just need another spare NB-5L batteries, any feedback from experiance user for this compatible NB-5L ?Thanks

Safe or not?
I don't think any 100% safe battery in the world, dell,sony,apple etc,. all had battery accidents.
You can use some of those batteries for parts of the them are made of the same battery cell as the original batteries.
At http://www.digital-camera-batteries.net/canon/nb-5l.htm the nb 51 battery will fit canon 850is.

Status
Not open for further replies.