Is it safe to buy lens from B&H??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rysouke

Apr 25, 2009
I wanted to buy lens from B&H and is it safe to do so??

Anyone tried before?

Absolutely safe. I have more trust in them than retail stores. In fact I had purchased more lenses thruogh online stores like B&H and adorama than retail. Exchanges are always entertained amiably. However, do note that you have to factor in shipping and GST.

Absolutely safe. I have more trust in them than retail stores. In fact I had purchased more lenses thruogh online stores like B&H and adorama than retail. Exchanges are always entertained amiably. However, do note that you have to factor in shipping and GST.

Ya i am aware of that...but i heard did u buy any protection plan in b&h?? and i heard if use fed-ex dont need pay gst is it true?

No. I did not buy the protection plan. It's more for US citizens I guess. I am not sure about using Fed-ex not having to pay GST. By right, >SGD400 you have to pay GST. Using v-post may be cheaper for those free shipping in USA items.

Ya i am aware of that...but i heard did u buy any protection plan in b&h?? and i heard if use fed-ex dont need pay gst is it true?
You mean FEDEX has exception from Singapore government? I really doubt it.

use fedex oso pay gst lah

I wanted to buy lens from B&H and is it safe to do so??

Anyone tried before?

Yes plenty of members had.

Have you done a search on this subject ? Perhaps you may want to acquaint yourself with this http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63954 esp this "2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question. "

Hi there.

It is absolutely safe to buy from B&H. I bought my Olympus 300mm f2.8 at a cost of USD 6,000.00 and it arrived one week later. One tip though for you: If you can, get your items delivered in Malaysia if the items cost a big sum of money as you can save on GST. Happy shopping!

No. I did not buy the protection plan. It's more for US citizens I guess. I am not sure about using Fed-ex not having to pay GST. By right, >SGD400 you have to pay GST. Using v-post may be cheaper for those free shipping in USA items.

How can i use v-post??

Hi there.

It is absolutely safe to buy from B&H. I bought my Olympus 300mm f2.8 at a cost of USD 6,000.00 and it arrived one week later. One tip though for you: If you can, get your items delivered in Malaysia if the items cost a big sum of money as you can save on GST. Happy shopping!

how to ship to malaysia, is there an equivalent to vpost in malaysia? does malaysia not have any gst?

Malaysia dun have GST but they have a hefty import tax on electronics item...

so net net, is the advice to redirect your purchase to malaysia valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.