Is it possible to achieve "Bokehs" with normal PnS cameras?

Ergo, it is NOT always a good idea to do researching on the internet on your own without others pointing the right direction for you.

Indeed. :bsmilie:
If you search "bokeh" on flickr, it gets even more ridiculous where people go "WOW! Lovely bokeh!!!" or "Great DOF!" and bla bla for who-know-what reasons.

Thanks for your help and to everyone who has chipped in as well, I hope I've understood everything (yeah, I only hope).

To help you "understand" further, you will also want to know that the out of focus regions in front and behind the focal plane are also rendered differently and hence "different bokeh". Some lenses like the Nikon DC (defocus control) lenses allow you to control the size of the circles of confusion (the "bokeh balls" you see) at the front or rear of the focal plane.

To help you "understand" further, you will also want to know that the out of focus regions in front and behind the focal plane are also rendered differently and hence "different bokeh". Some lenses like the Nikon DC (defocus control) lenses allow you to control the size of the circles of confusion (the "bokeh balls" you see) at the front or rear of the focal plane.

Oh for crying out loud! Control the size??? If I'm really crazy into cute "bokeh moth balls" then this lens is a must have? :bsmilie: Just out of curiousity, could you point out which lens exactly? There has been just too many Acronyms attached to each lens that would drive someone who has just started to get accustomed to them completely nuts!...

Oh for crying out loud! Control the size??? If I'm really crazy into cute "bokeh moth balls" then this lens is a must have? :bsmilie: Just out of curiousity, could you point out which lens exactly? There has been just too many Acronyms attached to each lens that would drive someone who has just started to get accustomed to them completely nuts!...

Google... How many defocus lens are there!?

Anyways, one (out of 2) defocus lenses available (for the Nikon system at least) is the 135mm in my signature. ;)

With the right technique (I have yet to master it...), it is possible to keep your subject perfectly sharp and have the background blend into a pastel of colour. If you manage to control that background such that the resultant colours are not distracting, you get so-called perfect bokeh.

Google... How many defocus lens are there!?

Anyways, one (out of 2) defocus lenses available (for the Nikon system at least) is the 135mm in my signature. ;)

With the right technique (I have yet to master it...), it is possible to keep your subject perfectly sharp and have the background blend into a pastel of colour. If you manage to control that background such that the resultant colours are not distracting, you get so-called perfect bokeh.

Thanks, I do not always notice the signatures :bsmilie: (I'm one who seldom read footnotes however important they maybe). What's the ball park figure on your 135mm actually? It may be too rich for my blood (or not).

Thanks, I do not always notice the signatures :bsmilie: (I'm one who seldom read footnotes however important they maybe). What's the ball park figure on your 135mm actually? It may be too rich for my blood (or not).

Yikes... I guess I'm more nosy and go around looking at what others "sign off" with.

Anyways, the lens is about 1.9k SGD if you manage to get Nikon to bring it in. I doubt you will be able to find it new in any store here in Singapore. It will also be tough to find it in the BNS (besides the WTBuy threads).

Yikes... I guess I'm more nosy and go around looking at what others "sign off" with.

Anyways, the lens is about 1.9k SGD if you manage to get Nikon to bring it in. I doubt you will be able to find it new in any store here in Singapore. It will also be tough to find it in the BNS (besides the WTBuy threads).

I found one in HK last year at abt $1.3k, but decided not to buy it... so u can try HK if anyone you know is going...

I found one in HK last year at abt $1.3k, but decided not to buy it... so u can try HK if anyone you know is going...

I met someone once who got it for ~$1.3k from a second-hand store here... :sweat:

If TS is really interested (and lucky), he might just be able to get it for around the same price here. I know I did.

Well, I'll consider it... a bit rich for my blood at the moment. But who knows eh? If the itch for cutie discs doesn't boil over, I might just go for it!?

Mean time, I'll resort to "Photoshoping" those discs... :bsmilie:

Thanks for your help, now I know why it doesn't have a local pricing...