Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sommersby

Jun 20, 2006
Hi, just need some advise in selling camera. I have a D70 for sale but it seems like nobody is interested in D70. I just bought my new D200 and decided to give up my D70 for a reasonable price and I don't know how much to price it. I am selling my D70 with the DX len, remote control, battery, charger etc....except for the CF memory card. The camera is in excellent condition, kept in dry box, and frequent maintainence.

Can anyone advise me what price is it reasonable to sell?

I am looking around for a DSLR. Please let me know how old, type of lens and your asking price. Thanks.

that was a good way to advertise on the the nikon forum...:nono:

Astin said:
Maybe sell at $500, based on the theory that consumer gadget value drop by half after 1 year use.

brother, I don't think you should compare Camera like you compare a handphone. Camera is a piece of art and can be use for a pretty long time. In fact some of the camera produce a better quality picture as it age. D70 is definitely not out of date and it is better than some of the new camera that just came out recently. What would be a reasonable price to sell? Honest opinion.

sommersby said:
brother, I don't think you should compare Camera like you compare a handphone. Camera is a piece of art and can be use for a pretty long time. In fact some of the camera produce a better quality picture as it age. D70 is definitely not out of date and it is better than some of the new camera that just came out recently. What would be a reasonable price to sell? Honest opinion.

I think u can get people to start bidding at $850 and depends on your RP...maybe a $1k max i think :)

sommersby said:
Fyi, I paid $1k for a second hand 1 year old D100 in Jun 2005.

check out the recent prices and price accordingly. while a camera is a piece of art and can be used for a long time, it's subject to wear and tear and also when the replacement products (or competing products from other manufacturers) are launched at a lower price, the resale price will suffer.

Is D100 better than D70, I have not use a D100 before. Is it true that D70 is better than D100 as I've heard some of my friend said.

sommersby said:
Is D100 better than D70, I have not use a D100 before. Is it true that D70 is better than D100 as I've heard some of my friend said.

Features wise ..yes
Built .. no ....

And D100 is good enough to last u a longer time than D70 ..

sommersby said:
Hi, just need some advise in selling camera. I have a D70 for sale but it seems like nobody is interested in D70. I just bought my new D200 and decided to give up my D70 for a reasonable price and I don't know how much to price it. I am selling my D70 with the DX len, remote control, battery, charger etc....except for the CF memory card. The camera is in excellent condition, kept in dry box, and frequent maintainence.

If i am you, I will sell away D70 first before bought the D200.

Unless you dun mind will not sell at good price.

If your D70 is more than 18 months old then maybe can sell at around $800-$900 only

but his come with Kit lens. Therefore I think he can probably price it at about 1100 to 1200.

sommersby said:
really? i bought my 300D for $1.9k and after 1.5 years, the price is now <$700.

sommersby said:

Juz post yr cam in B&S forum, let CSers bid for it, if its reaches yr desired price, let go.
Another tips is to do a market reaserch by comparing the D70 selling here for past one month to get some fell..

tltan said:
but his come with Kit lens. Therefore I think he can probably price it at about 1100 to 1200.

New one D70s kit cost about $1600 and maybe got free 1GB CF. So will you buy a 18 months old D70 at $1200??

JL1500k said:
New one D70s kit cost about $1600 and maybe got free 1GB CF. So will you buy a 18 months old D70 at $1200??

Yeh. I meant that he can price it at that. Doesnt mean he have to set it at that price. U looking to get it? Then sent him ur price.

You never know someone might get it at that price. Because 400-500 might not be a lot to you but to others, its a lot.

Thanks for the comment.

I sold mine at 1k, bundle with 2 nikon battery, 1GB CF, remote, kit lens, a 67mm Cir-PL, UV filters, and a toploader lowepro bag. Bought like 1.5 years back but in good condition.

I think may be you want to bundle in some freebies, so as a whole package it's more attractive and win-win lo.

After that, I bought my D200. :sweatsm:

tltan said:
Yeh. I meant that he can price it at that. Doesnt mean he have to set it at that price. U looking to get it? Then sent him ur price.

You never know someone might get it at that price. Because 400-500 might not be a lot to you but to others, its a lot.

Thanks for the comment.

me also think so. $400 off for a used but perfectly working camera is an attraction. however the warranty is one concern....

well well well...
I think the pros here don't empathise with non-pros getting little for their 2nd hand stuff.

Must be cos by the time they wanna upgrade equipment, they already covered their cost for their old equipment. Plus they really max out the use of their equipment.
So of course pros don't feel the same way as hobbyists.

Lesson to learn here is don't expect too much from the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.