Is it a good time to get a CNG car now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they should have a pumping station at central region near Newton or Bukit Timah.

Yes .. the location of refuelling stations is a major consideration for CNG cars. Imagine staying in the central part of Singapore and having to drive all the way to Mandai or Jurong Island to have your car refuelled :thumbsd: You need a lot more CNG cars on the roads before oil companies can justify building more CNG refuelling stations or retrofitting present petrol stations with CNG pumps. Also, when one factor the cost of retrofitting one's car with CNG, the ROI may not be justifiable in the 10 year lifespan of the car (or the 5 year lifespan that most of us will keep a car for). So for most people, they will probably drive their present car for the next few years and hope that CNG in Singapore matures sufficiently to justify owning a CNG vehicle or consider alternatives like hybrids and turbo-diesels :bsmilie: when it is time to change car.

25km per litre.....

test drove the honda version...not bad..

the batt is kept in the boot, immed behind the read seats..

hence the boot is smaller compare to the 1.6 model

hmm.. been reading up some user reviews. they claim they only get 17km/L... :think:

still, most reviews i've read still recommend this over prius. think it's time to go for a test-drive. ;p

hmm.. been reading up some user reviews. they claim they only get 17km/L... :think:

still, most reviews i've read still recommend this over prius. think it's time to go for a test-drive. ;p

17km/L is not all that great. The Vios and the Fits are reputed to be giving around 14 km/L and they are like 20 to 30k cheaper.

if u do go for a test drive, let us know how it feels like .. never driven a hybrid. the electric motor is supposed to provide loads of torque @ low rpm, so i hv always wondered how it feels like compared to a normal car :)

Status
Not open for further replies.