Is f11 usable in daytime nature shoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murcielago

Mar 14, 2005
if i add a 2.0x TC to a f5.6 lens which becomes f11, is it going to be usable in nature shots during the day time or is the aperture too small (to the point where iso is sky high, shutter is slow,etc)

yes, you can shoot anything under the sun...... only on sunny day.

on sunny day, if you subjects have distinct shadows under the sun light, you can get f11, 1/400s ISO 200.

think you will lose yr AF though. So it manual focus. in Macros, we shot at f11 to f16 for the extra DOF.

However as yr lens will be at f11 (max aperture) image will appear dim on yr viewfinder so it will be hard to focus.

Just my newbie opinion.

i thought the aperture in the lens will stay open to the largest aperture until you press the shutter button. then the aperture closes to the aperture you sellected before the shutter opens.

selecting f11 on my f1.8 lens does allow my AF to work very quickly while the same cant be said on f11 on my f5.6 zoom lens.

i thought the aperture in the lens will stay open to the largest aperture until you press the shutter button. then the aperture closes to the aperture you sellected before the shutter opens.

selecting f11 on my f1.8 lens does allow my AF to work very quickly while the same cant be said on f11 on my f5.6 zoom lens.
you are right about the 1st part.
TS has a f5.6 long lens, after attach the 2x tele converter, the effective wide open aperture is f11, thou the lens has a max f stop of f5.6

ohh.. i get the drift.. din't catch the part about the threadstarter talking about the 2.0x TC(teleconverters).

Status
Not open for further replies.