is Canon EOS 1000DKIT worthwhile for beginner?

considering your obvious total lack of skill and inability to make your own decisions

how could this be cold truth? how did you gauge the lack of skill are you really sure that you are that good?

regardless of how the question may sound to you there was no need for the personal attack

we were all newbies at one time...

"That good"? who can say? we are all always trying to improve. However, by 265 posts on CS and being a member for almost 6 years (!!!!!) I would know how to purchase a camera, what things to check, and I would know that I should not be posting 2 separate, no-sense threads that will never get a clear answer.

You call it a case of bullying a "newbie"? 200+ posts and almost 6 years on CS is not a newbie.

Read the "What DSLR to get?" Sticky first. Basically, considering your obvious total lack of skill and inability to make your own decisions, get whichever feels best in your hand. You will be the limit, not the camera, for the foreseeable future.

I believe TS is looking for opinions from people who are "experts", although I'm not to sure if there is such an "expert" existing, for something that is a personal choice, i.e. the camera. This, however, does not imply that TS is unable to make his own decisions. One is not wrong to ask for opinions. Perhaps he or she might be looking for opinions from 1000D users. That also doesn't imply he is "unable to make his own decision".

Instead of saying "total lack of skill and inability to make your own decisions", you could offer opinions on 1000D, if you hadn't use a 1000D before, you can leave the space blank for a 1000D user to comment. Even if that is not bullying (which i don't think it is), your comment is uncalled for.

Last edited:
Nope. No bullying. Simple cold truth. Bullying would be something else, but you can go ahead and wave your crusade flag again.

yup, agree with this.. A member from 2005 should know better about this forum.. he should know that there are such things like stickies.. TS may not lack of photography skills, but TS obviously lacks of "researching information" skills and wish to be spoon fed by others.. He even open another thread to ask the same question, without all the relevant information that may help other members to help him.. and all those members have patiently asked about these info from TS, and he did not respond to any..

ok wth. i didnt even see his membership age/post count when i commented. (i dun usually bother)

what has this guy been doing:bsmilie:

Instead of saying "total lack of skill and inability to make your own decisions", you could offer opinions on 1000D, if you hadn't use a 1000D before, you can leave the space blank for a 1000D user to comment. Even if that is not bullying, your comment is uncalled for.

I have used a 1000D before, but my opinions mean jack diddly squat because I am NOT the TS. The 1000D users will all say "Yes, go buy!" and in his parallel thread, the D5000 users will all go "Yes, go buy!".

The TS needs to learn that since he will be the one using the camera, and it is his money, he needs to make the decision based on his own needs and his own preferences, not the preferences of the consensus.

In the end, maybe an Olympus or Pentax or Sony or Panasonic will be the one that "clicks" with him for example - but we cannot make that decision for him.

I have used a 1000D before, but my opinions mean jack diddly squat because I am NOT the TS. The 1000D users will all say "Yes, go buy!" and in his parallel thread, the D5000 users will all go "Yes, go buy!".

The TS needs to learn that since he will be the one using the camera, and it is his money, he needs to make the decision based on his own needs and his own preferences, not the preferences of the consensus.

In the end, maybe an Olympus or Pentax or Sony or Panasonic will be the one that "clicks" with him for example - but we cannot make that decision for him.

No lah. Maybe 1000D users might regret their purchase and offer an opinion of why they regret? I don't know. I wouldn't ask that question, but as well as I wouldn't assume he is lazy. Funnily, TS quotes he is working in IT sector in his profile. :bsmilie:

yup, agree with this.. A member from 2005 should know better about this forum.. he should know that there are such things like stickies.. TS may not lack of photography skills, but TS obviously lacks of "researching information" skills and wish to be spoon fed by others.. He even open another thread to ask the same question, without all the relevant information that may help other members to help him.. and all those members have patiently asked about these info from TS, and he did not respond to any..

agreed with you.

to me, he seems to be impatient to get answers, thus the parallel thread. i noticed he posted the question bout d5000 here first before he posted another thread asking about views on d5000.

Funnily enough, his parallel thread has more of a "personal attack" in it, but I'm the one kena by wasak2000. :p

i believe it's coz u r a senior member :bsmilie:

Meh. I'm not that uncle yet. And as for the CS title, it really doesn't mean anything.

"That good"? who can say? we are all always trying to improve. However, by 265 posts on CS and being a member for almost 6 years (!!!!!) I would know how to purchase a camera, what things to check, and I would know that I should not be posting 2 separate, no-sense threads that will never get a clear answer.

You call it a case of bullying a "newbie"? 200+ posts and almost 6 years on CS is not a newbie.

like i said regardless of how stupid the question may sound to you there was no need for that remark
on the parallel thread you posted

"We have a thread called "what DSLR to get?". Read it first."

i'm wondering why couldn't you have just posted the same here?

i'm not trying to be a crusader here i just find it a bit wrong when a senior member handles threads like this in this kind of manner...

again ill give an example from another forum

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=3027&mesg_id=3027&page=

stupid question but the seniors there handled it much better in my opinion...

Funnily enough, his parallel thread has more of a "personal attack" in it, but I'm the one kena by wasak2000. :p

bro im not trying to single you out... i just felt that i needed to point out the uncalled for remark we are all equals here anyway right?

peace...

TS has already disappeared, no point arguing over this already. Its a matter of opinion, will never get resolved.

like i said regardless of how stupid the question may sound to you there was no need for that remark

i'm not trying to be a crusader here i just find it a bit wrong when a senior member handles threads like this in this kind of manner...

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=3027&mesg_id=3027&page=

Again, you treat "senior member" like it means anything. It doesn't it just means I spend too much time on CS in my free time. :bsmilie:

But yes, i feel you are a crusader. You feel it's your personal crusade to protect "newbies" when actually they are not newbies.

I'm not one to sugar-coat answers. I do not believe that will help people learn, and it fact can be insulting in a condescending way. It's far easier to hear the blunt truth and learn from it than get all the wishy-washy "It's good! Go buy!" answers that will never let him learn.

Last edited:
thats precisely the reason... as senior members i believe that they should be able to handle this kind of questions in a better manner... right?

Actually probably the other way around. Senior members would have seen this question for the 1000th time and get sick of it already. :angel:

I'd just like to point out that the thread in the nikonians forum given was about how to zoom a lens. That has a definite answer- so, given that the seniors in the forum were patient, they were able to give a concrete answer- twist the rubber collar around the lens, FULLSTOP.

But here TS is asking for OPINIONS. Rashkae has a strong opinion, nothing wrong there- in my opinion anyways.